We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Where do I find the downshifts in Forza 3 files?

Doctor G.

A friend recently sent me some sounds from Forza 3 and I was pretty excited to the idea of converting some of those for TDU. But when I unpack the Forza files, I only get wav files corresponding to the "on" samples, I don't have any the "off" samples.

For example, I want to extract the sound files of the Dino, so I unpack the file "6N0_Dino_Int.fsb" and I get this :

- 1 EngA_00864.wav

- 2 EngA_01554.wav

- 3 EngA_01623.wav

- 4 EngA_02690.wav

- 5 EngA_03247.wav

- 6 EngA_03710.wav

- 7 EngA_04613.wav

- 8 EngA_04910.wav

- 9 EngA_05317.wav

- 10 EngA_05993.wav

- 11 EngA_06530.wav

All these files correspond to different rpm's when you push the throttle ("on"), but there isn't any file corresponding to the sounds that you have when you release the throttle ("off").

So I can't do anything with those files for the moment :(((

Anyone knows how/where to get the missing samples and why they aren't unpacked normally like the others are?

Guest Sergeant

I have the sound files from Forza as well, but it has 2 folders for me. One contains the engine sound, the other 1 is the exhaust sound. Maybe the exhaust sound is used for rev down? Also I have more then 11 sound in the engine folder, so I think I'll just upload mine for you, so you might have an idea how stuffs work.

Link:

F355 Sound rar

Not sure if I can but I'll try to find the sound files as well, but currently I only have the F355.

Btw I might get banned again for nothing lol

Sgt.Kanyo ;D