We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Dilemma

TIMELESS

GT-Four went on a trip to the Dastek dyno at a tuning company nearby. I'm now deaf :)

220bhp @ 6,386rpm / 171awhp @ 6,303rpm

190lbft @ 5,152rpm

Lower than I expected, but I didn't take into account the age (16 years old) and mileage (just under 170,000). Still a decent figure and a good base to start tuning! And it still pulls like a train! 0-60 in 6 seconds (max) :D

Some serious cars there.. 5 Evos, a Skyline GTR, 2 Civic Type Rs, a Starlet Glanza V (turbo) and us in the GT-Four WRC :lol:

• 2 months later...

Rebuilding a car is fun, but it is much more expensive than you think in the first place.

almost anyone I know who started a rebuild project, found out that he spent x3 than he planed.

+ it takes a lot of time, if that is your daily drive, do not rebuild, buy another car and in your spare time, rebuild the Celica.

Saar

• 2 months later...

That's probably true. But I imagine it would be worth it since she's upto 174,000 miles now :)

We're actually looking at a Lexus now. So if we were to get that the GT-Four could be rebuilt sometime while it's still off the road and we wouldn't have to worry. Whether either will happen or not, I don't know, but we would like to go see this Lexus :D