We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Wheel - Can't steer!?

vinootje

Hey i have a microsoft sidewinder precision steering wheel. firs i had 2 problems the first problem was. when i want to map acceleration or Brake. it says stick up for both. EXAMPLE:(i click acceleration, Push the gas pedal. it says Stick UP done than i click on Brake than i push Brake Pedal. and than it says this "invalid key or axis, this key is already in use for acceleration. so i tryed it other was. first brake then acceleration. and at brake it says same Stick up. so i can only map 1 (Gas or brake) no matter whice one i map it wil be Stick up I fixed that because my pedales are on a combined axis. i put it on a seperate axis. and it has been fixed. but i got the same problem for steering now. i got (LEFT and RIGHT) no matter whice one i take it says Stick Left.

Example ( If i click Right than i turn the steering wheel to the right it says Stick left ! it need to be STICK RIGHT so i can only steer left. no matter if i map left or right. it will be Stick left how can i fix it please ! i have just bought an H Shifter and TDU2 but now this problem

---------- Post added at 19:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 PM ----------

anyone ?

I don't really understand your problem.

I mean, i don't have a steering wheel, so, i don't know how to assing buttons or how make it work. But, IF it is like a Playstation 2 controller, (the process), i believe that when it asks you to choose the steering, when left, you steer left. Then, logically it will say left, when it asks you how to steer right, you steer right.

If you are doing it and it still putting steer right, it maybe is a problem with the calibration, making it stay always turning left a little.

Hope i helped, somehow, and sorry about not being able to help better.

look what dark avenger says is like what i mean. if i select right i steer the wheel right. but stil it says left. so actually there is no right. i know sidewinder is old stuff what about the zold universal steering wheel ?

281atjn.jpg

---------- Post added at 21:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 PM ----------

btw its nothing white the steering wheel because here someone can use it

look at this the steer just works left and right here are some pics

X-axis steering left

vq43v4.jpg

X-axis steering right

262w0si.jpg

notice when i steer left there is only the black mark en when i steer right there is a red and black mark. the red mark appears when i past the half of the x-as

in the middle. but the problem is when i steer to left and right is no problem all other games working but in tdu2 not i can only map stick left. there is no possibility to get stick right if i steer the steer right. their might be a possability but i dont know what

PLEASE IM STRESSING my day is like this. i wake up do everything what is needed like eating etc than i search on the computer than i go to school after i come back home i search more than i dinner after dinner i go on pc than i do all things i need to do like. brushing tooth. i sleep and it starts over. on the first day i though TDU2 is gonna be great. but after 4days i think if i can fix it it wont be fun. because im waisting time and in that time i could get far in career