We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

help please unpacked game not running too well

killbot102

hi i've just unpacked my game and replaced a few cars but my game started getting this really annoying stutter. so i open up fraps and checked out the average fps and its like 60 all the time so im sure its not my gpu or cpu otherwise fps would be unstable like gta iv

so i was just wondering if running the game unpacked is making it stutter so i googled for like a re-packer and found nothing so i guess i was wrong but im sure its something to do with the unpack coz it ran silky smooth before and if i run the game from steam it still runs perfectly

can someone help me out? i've even like defragged the unpacked game folder and no difference i really want to drive my e34 with not lag or stutter what so ever like the vanilla version of the game

• 7 months later...

SOLVED PROBLEM: I manually changed some settings in Nvidia Control panel and it stopped stuttering. I set the antialiasing to "enhance application settings", Max pre-rendered frames to "use 3d app setting", Multi-display to "Single display performance mode", Threaded optimization to "off" and Vertical sync to "off". I'm sure not all of these are necessary, but I don't care to single out which one made it work :)

////

I have the exact same issue. Unpacked game repeatingly runs for 3-4 seconds and then freezes for 1 sec (when in-game, not before passing the "press start button" menu). I have the latest update downloaded and (ofc) retail version.

Unpacked the fully updated game with TDU2 Unpacker GUI v1.1 into a non-"program files" directory. Running in OFFLINE mode (using an offline profile) with Knyzaev Universal launcher 3.5. Tried with AND without Unofficial patch 0.4.

Running with a monster PC (GTX770, 8GB RAM, i5 haswell) so really can't be a hardware/driver issue. The stutter is also independent of graphics settings.

And yes as in Killbot102's case, my PACKED game runs smooth as... really smooth.