We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fanatec product support coming to Xbox One

Eudemon

[headline]Fanatec support coming to Xbox One[/headline]

The news many Xbox and Fanatec owning muppets have been waiting for is finally here, yes at long last Fanatec wheels will in the near future work on the Xbox One via planned compatibility. It also sounds like a deal has been made to create a new range for all budgets so the future of racing games on the Xbox One certainly looks just that massive bit brighter!

fanatec-xboxone.jpg

The gist courtesy of superhyper

Basically, what this means (confirmed my fears through their replies to the Facebook comments) is that you need to buy one of their flagship products, the most expensive wheel bases (normal price without shifter paddles or a steering wheel or pedals or anything is 600€!) and then you have to buy a specific XB1 steering wheel for that base, which means that people with X360 compatible wheels, such as the Porsche GT2 like mine and the CSR & CSR elite, will have no luck here. The pedals and shifters are universal through Fanatec products so they'll work on the new base as well but it's no good if you don't have the wheel base. Sorta knew this would happen so I'm not too disappointed, just a bad choice of words from them getting me all excited :lol:

Fanatec products on Xbox One

Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One.

Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.

Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration.

Available s**n, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced s**n.

Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”

http://www.Fanatec.com

https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec

@fanatec

Sauce: Fanatec facebook

Available s**n, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base

...wheels in this case meaning the rims only, which means I'll be left standing on the shore with my old GT2 wheel whereas the people who can afford the 400+€ wheel bases (and the 200+€ rims in addition to that) will be boarding the XB1 ship. Shame, I almost got excited at the "current Fanatec wheels" part :/

Basically, what this means (confirmed my fears through their replies to the Facebook comments) is that you need to buy one of their flagship products, the most expensive wheel bases (normal price without shifter paddles or a steering wheel or pedals or anything is 600€!) and then you have to buy a specific XB1 steering wheel for that base, which means that people with X360 compatible wheels, such as the Porsche GT2 like mine and the CSR & CSR elite, will have no luck here. The pedals and shifters are universal through Fanatec products so they'll work on the new base as well but it's no good if you don't have the wheel base. Sorta knew this would happen so I'm not too disappointed, just a bad choice of words from them getting me all excited :lol:

There is no good news here. You have to be invited to join the list to order a new ClubSport V2 wheelbase. That'll be $1000AU... anyone?

If anyone wants to make a game that uses such a wheel then they can release it on PC if they want me to play it. :fuming: