We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Al-Qaeda Takes Hostages In Mali

TIMELESS

Another day, another attack :(

Mali hotel attack: 'No more hostages' after special forces raid - BBC News

The Radisson Blu Hotel was stormed by special forces after gunmen entered it and seized 170 people. At least 30 of the hostages are known to have escaped. Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and its offshoot al-Murabitoun said they carried out the attack, according to an agency used by jihadists in the region. At least three people have died but there are fears the toll will rise.

Hostages were released because they were able to quote from the Quran..

This flurry of terrorist events is making people I know actually scared to go out and do their shopping at big public places like shopping centres. A few have stated how they will do a lot more of theirs online this year.

Yup. How depressing is that? Here in the UK we're lucky to have grown up in a safe environment, only now it's starting to feel as though something could happen at any minute. My brother told me he was going to take his missus and kid to Disneyland Paris in January, but now he's cancelled it because he's too scared to go.

And it seems now that ISIS have attacked places, other groups are jumping on the bandwagon.