We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

my car

EiGHT 84LL

had this a couple of months... i moved to diesel because as everyone knows ,diesel is the new king (unless you can afford to run a super car)

your average 2 litre petrol doesnt stand a cat in hells chance nowadays against a 2 litre turbo diesel.. just ask the police, they tear up the motorway in em all day long..... the days of BHP bragging are over . now it all down to torque !!!!!!

spec:

2.0 TD

built in sat nav

road angel (for detecting those pesky coppers and cameras)

built in bluetooth

electric everything

first thing on the shopping list is a remap for the ECU which will take it to 180bhp and just over 400Nm torque, but as everyone knows Diesel BHP is different, so 180 in this is roughly the equivelent of about 260-270 in a petrol just to give you a rough idea.. that should cost around £600 and is totally undetectable

then i'll concentrate on getting a D5 bodykit for it. but to be honest the whole idea of these types of car is that theyre stealth. i used to own an Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6 , and i was constantly getting pulled over, whereas now i find that if im driving at night most people i follow think im a copper :D

which has its advantages................. ;) ;)

Nice car. I don't quite agree about the BHP though. 270 BHP is what you get in a mid range 5 series and I bet in a race the BMW would win. Still nice car.

trust me... the 5 series wouldnt stand a chance

this vid off 5th gear demonstrates the difference between the 2 best. a 1.9 remapped oil burner Vs the 250bhp VXR

off the mark the petrol is always gonna be king. after all most diesels take 3 gear changes to hit 60 so thats why the 0-60 times on diesels are poor.. but froma rolling start.. ie hammering along 'A' roads and motorways the diesel is always gonna win... torque is the future :D :D

http://www.racingvideoz.com/other/vauxhall-astra-vxr-vs-triple-8-astra-diesel/

ps.. IMO the diesel only lost the 3rd challenge due to some pretty dodgy driving ;)

All right, my dads TVR against it. Got the same 270 BHP. I know its a lot lighter.

I know what you mean by BHP not meaning everything like that stupid Merc but I think tires are even more important, getting the power onto the road. I suppose that your car is good for that though.

• 7 years later...