We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Youtube copyright

Beav

Hi there,

im currently a small youtube producer and was under the impression that any music played on my channel I need to own the rights too. This means I cannot upload videos with the radio on for example in GTA V? Someone has told me because I bought the game I have the rights due to Rockstar (in this example) having the rights but im pretty sure I wouldn't have the rights to a Dr Dre song for example? lol

Thanks,

Rockstar have the license to play the songs in their game and this is not transferable to anyone who owns a copy of the game. You do not get the rights to that song for any purpose as you haven't paid any royalties for it whereas Rockstar has.

Have copyrighted music in your videos and you run the risk of having your account banned. Best thing to do is mute music whenever you're recording.

Best to listen to music from an external source that won't be recorded if that helps you chill, or you could get creative with virtual audio cables on your PC (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter Banana). 2nd solution would still require a non-game source of music via an app that can be told what sound card to use.

It's still a great app for making videos - one way I use it is to record voice audio to a separate file so that I can edit/discard bits of it later. And of course it's great voice chat programs like Skype.

I upload videos with copyrighted music a lot and it will flag it for matched third party content but as long as you don't try to monetize it you shouldn't have any problems, it may mean that it's not available on phones or in certain countries though.

My videos are monetized. The pain with the youtube is the scan for copyrighted music is automatic isn't it so I don't think you even get chance to explain yourself.