We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Driving in Hardcore Mode - FAQ

Nipper

I have seen many people on TDUC now having difficulty driving/drifting in HCM (Hardcore Mode)

So i decided to do a dedicated FAQ about it

Post all your questions here and i will answer them ASAP for you

Thanks

N1PPER

Q. How do you not drive into trees? To word it properly, how do you go fast around corners?

A. Know the car and corner, gently turn in and dont give too much throttle too soon, also make sure you are in the correct gear and have stopped braking before turning, if you need to adjust midcorner for any reason make sure you dont unsettle the car too much.

With Hardcore mode it is fairly easy to keep in the one lane' date=' want to learn what a cars limits are? Practice driving fast but keeping in the one lane, this way you learn the speeds the car can carry, the gears that work best and the way in which the car handles.[/quote']

Q. How do you drift around gentle bends? Also which would be more suited Low revs or highier?

A. Depends on the car, either use a higher gear and lower revs or a lower gear and higher revs. low revs would be more suited because you can gun it on the exit to the turn without fearing overrevving.

Q. Is it better to use a high gear or low gear while drifting?

A. Depends on the corner, if its a long sweeper then a higher gear would be more suited to allow the extension all the way round, whereas a lower gear would make you hit the redline and more than often end the drift. On the flipside if its a tight hairpin its a lower gear and higher revs to keep the wheels spinning.

Q. Does the Hardcore mode work better with the MS Wheel than the standard mode?

A. I cannot personally comment on this, but from what i have been told the wheel is much better in HardCore Mode

Yes it does. I have the Microsoft Wireless Racing wheel and just recently downloaded HCM. The handling and control is a huge step up from the standard gameplay. Keep in mind that you will still have to tweek the sensitivity settings but thats the same with the standard mode as well.

Re: Hardcore Mode Drifting FAQ

I'll start it off then. How do you not drive into trees? To word it properly, how do you go fast around corners?
With Hardcore mode it is fairly easy to keep in the one lane, want to learn what a cars limits are? Practice driving fast but keeping in the one lane, this way you learn the speeds the car can carry, the gears that work best and the way in which the car handles. This is advice I usually give to people who have trouble staying on the road and so far it seems to be working.

Does the Hardcore mode work better with the MS Wheel than the standard mode?

Yes it does. I have the Microsoft Wireless Racing wheel and just recently downloaded HCM. The handling and control is a huge step up from the standard gameplay. Keep in mind that you will still have to tweek the sensitivity settings but thats the same with the standard mode as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Q. Is it better to use a high gear or low gear while drifting?

A. Depends on the corner, if its a long sweeper then a higher gear would be more suited to allow the extension all the way round, whereas a lower gear would make you hit the redline and more than often end the drift. On the flipside if its a tight hairpin its a lower gear and higher revs to keep the wheels spinning.

What are the best gears for The RufRturbo?

:monkeydance:

• 2 weeks later...

any suggestions for cars to learn to drive in HCM well? (i ton't think that makes grammatical sense...) I learned how to drive good out of HCM in a noble m14, buit the powerband is way too jumpy for me in HCM.. it'll start spinning in 3rd gear.

I've been trying the TVR chim, and i hear the Gallardo is good, just bought one today but didnt really try it. Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

i got a question: I can drift with the Shelby GT500 on HCM but in vids other people can drift way longer then I can on HCM but with different cars. Is there a way to drift long in Shelby GT500? Right now i can drift for 2 to 3 seconds and in vids they are drifting for 6 and above seconds. Please answer.

i cant fully drift the top corner on the track(after the S bend).

i got a question: I can drift with the Shelby GT500 on HCM but in vids other people can drift way longer then I can on HCM but with different cars. Is there a way to drift long in Shelby GT500? Right now i can drift for 2 to 3 seconds and in vids they are drifting for 6 and above seconds. Please answer.

i cant fully drift the top corner on the track(after the S bend).

That car has immense power but the bodyroll lets it down during drifts, thus it ends quite quickly.

My advice would be get a new car, but if you want to drift a GT500 just stick with it and try new things (how do you think we all became so good in the first place ;) )