We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Will this handle it? (Last topic, I sware.)

FateFTL

Specifications (Will be completed in late June)

Power Supply:

Thermaltake TR2 ATX 430W Power Supply (115/230 V) (Shipped, in PC)

Processor:

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 3800+ (Shipped, in PC)

Random Access Memory (RAM):

1 GB (Shipped, in PC)

Hard Drive:

250GB Western Digital @ 7200RPM (Shipped, in PC)

Motherboard:

NVIDIA C51G (Shipped, in PC)

Graphics Card:

eVGA GeForce 7900GS 256-bit PCI-E x16 (Not enough money, waiting for another B-Day to get $170)

I need this to handle Test Drive Unlimited with max everything. I'm investing a lot into this game, I need to know if it will run first.

Thanks!

My system is a bit better than that - 2GB DDR2 and 550w PWRSPLY and I can run the game on max with 2x AA fine. However that is without HDR, HDR kills my FPS to unplayable.

So yes, you will probably be able to run max without HDR enabled, it won't with HDR on.

If you do manage to run things fine with HDR on then there is something wrong with my system.

Sure, i'm at work at the moment so give me a few hours or so. However I have heard that Nvidia owners are having quite a few issues the game so i'm going to try a few different video drivers when I get home.

I'll make sure I am running fraps aswell, I couldn't say what my average FPS is atm, probably in the 30's though.

Argh, I played for about 6hours last night with fraps running and forgot to take even 1 screenshot, can you believe that?

I can tell you though that with maximum detail and 4x AA I was getting an average FPS of about 32. I will try to get some screenshots up asap.

A quick update, I was just doing some benchmarking with fraps, and it seems that I am easily able to play with maximum detail + HDR at 1024x768 at a steady 30fps, however I have always used my native resolution of 1440x900 which obviously drags FPS down alot.

So at 1440x900 I was getting a steady average of 32fps at max/4xAA/no HDR.

and at 1024x768 I was getting a steady average of 31fps at max/HDR.

However as you know, the 7*** series cards cannot support both HDR and AA running together at once, so while I may be able to play with HDR, the cars and envirnments without AA support look lagged and unappealing. So technically for me I am glad that I don't run with HDR enabled as AA makes the cars look far more realistc.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Also, at 2x AA I would get an average of about 38fps, and with no AA and no HDR an average of 42FPS.

I've got a lil' different question

Will a 350Watt supply be enough for a 7900GS?

Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.

(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 20 Amps.)

Minimum 500 Watt for SLI mode system.

(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amps.)

An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130056

Still wanting those screens!