We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Which HD TV Cable

B1gSmurf

Hey guys, im probably going to buy an HD TV this week, but im not sure about the cables to use. I think the tv will be an HD Ready Samsung 32'' LCD .

I've got the premium 360 with an cable included the one with the red-blue-green connectors is that good for an HD TV ? Can you put that cables onto the scart connector and then plug it into an HD TV ?

Or do i have to buy a new cable set? Please tell me what i need.

Thanks for your help guys !

Guest mellors_

if your cable has a red, green and blue cables on it , it is a component and will work fine and there will be 3 input holes in the back or side of the TV

the cable that comes with the xbox 360 has 6 ends. All 6 of these form the componant HD input and will plug into the back of any HD tv with a componant input (the samsung should as the samsungs are very good when it comes to inputs)

There is no need to buy any other cable and the cables will plug straight into the back - no need for a SCART input

SCART inputs are not HD anyways but thats not the point

Guest mellors_
the cable that comes with the xbox 360 has 6 ends. All 6 of these form the componant HD input and will plug into the back of any HD tv with a componant input (the samsung should as the samsungs are very good when it comes to inputs)

There is no need to buy any other cable and the cables will plug straight into the back - no need for a SCART input

thats what i meant but i am to tired to type too muchand it might be the same as my TV

NO NO.....it's just five out of the six, Red, Green, Blue for picture and red and white for left and right sound. The yellow is for standard AV or Scart connector. ;) Ensure the switch is set to HDTV and that you TV is set to component in. Set the dashboard video settings to the amount that your TV can handle(use the last set of numbers in the resolution on your tv documentation), for me my TV is 1366 x 766 (or something like that, so 720p is my best setting.

NO NO.....it's just five out of the six, Red, Green, Blue for picture and red and white for left and right sound. The yellow is for standard AV or Scart connector. ;) Ensure the switch is set to HDTV and that you TV is set to component in. Set the dashboard video settings to the amount that your TV can handle(use the last set of numbers in the resolution on your tv documentation), for me my TV is 1366 x 766 (or something like that, so 720p is my best setting.

Was just about to say this. The HD bit is only really three becouse the other two are sound and while the two leads are good, the best is optical cable.

But your question. If you have the one with 6 ends, thats the cable you want.

i have the 5 of the 6 connecters plugged into my TV as its the only way i could that was left in the back (the surround system is in one, the PS3's composite (red,yellow,white) is connected to in the front which is input#2, and my 360 connected to input#3. but i switched the switch on the HDTV instead of reg TV, and adjust the settings on the dashboard, but my TV goes blank. So im just using the Red,Blue,green,Red,and White for better sound. lmao. I really need to upgrade my TV. LMAO

i have the 5 of the 6 connecters plugged into my TV as its the only way i could that was left in the back (the surround system is in one, the PS3's composite (red,yellow,white) is connected to in the front which is input#2, and my 360 connected to input#3. but i switched the switch on the HDTV instead of reg TV, and adjust the settings on the dashboard, but my TV goes blank. So im just using the Red,Blue,green,Red,and White for better sound. lmao. I really need to upgrade my TV. LMAO

Blank screen?.......Is your TV a High Definition ready model?......if so then you should not get a blank screen at all. Otherwise I don't know what to sya other than......hahahahaha (sorry!!)

I use the supplied cable in the COMPONENT plugs on the back of my screen .... green, blue, red on the grey plugs for the picture (leaving the yellow dangling free) and then the pure white and red plugs for the sound, although I've also plugged a digital optical cable in the cable plug at the 360 end and then into my amp

I use the supplied cable in the COMPONENT plugs on the back of my screen .... green, blue, red on the grey plugs for the picture (leaving the yellow dangling free) and then the pure white and red plugs for the sound, although I've also plugged a digital optical cable in the cable plug at the 360 end and then into my amp

that almost exactly how my set-up is Hybrid. :D Except pluging the Optical into an Amp, i have it plugged into my 5.1 Surround Sound.

and to Joker77, i dont think my TV is HD ready. im not sure, i will have to find the manual (i hate reading manuals) to see, and possibly change settings if i have to

this is what i meant but i didnt want to confuse him with 5s and 6s

Does anyone know what just the Red and White (solid) cables are called (the ones that plug into the tv/sterio into speakers?

i need to buy a new cable and i need the proper name

Guest mellors_
this is what i meant but i didnt want to confuse him with 5s and 6s

Does anyone know what just the Red and White (solid) cables are called (the ones that plug into the tv/sterio into speakers?

i need to buy a new cable and i need the proper name

They are called stereo audio cables

Guest mellors_

i just cut the end of the audio cables coming out of my 360 and got to old double male composite cables and seletaped them and that made it long enough

The lead is a 2x RCA Phono to RCA Phono. It can b e found in any electrical retailer (comet, currys, dixons heck even Argos). By putting the RCA phono leads from TV to your 5.1 system you will only ever have a stereo output even in pseudo 5.1 mode. If you have a Digital Input on the 5.1 (which I reckon you will have) then ideally you should get the Toslink cable (fibre optic cable) which is just a couple of quid if you look around carefully enough (usually markets are great for these bleeders). You will need to have the AV cable from premium 360 for the relevant connector. True 5.1 is great, stereo isn't that good to be honest.

;)

The lead is a 2x RCA Phono to RCA Phono. It can b e found in any electrical retailer (comet, currys, dixons heck even Argos). By putting the RCA phono leads from TV to your 5.1 system you will only ever have a stereo output even in pseudo 5.1 mode. If you have a Digital Input on the 5.1 (which I reckon you will have) then ideally you should get the Toslink cable (fibre optic cable) which is just a couple of quid if you look around carefully enough (usually markets are great for these bleeders). You will need to have the AV cable from premium 360 for the relevant connector. True 5.1 is great, stereo isn't that good to be honest.

;)

unfortunately they were cheap 5.1 speakers (35 quid if i remember correctly) and therefore only have a phono output so i can only get a stereo output but oh well

cheers for the help

i'll look around

unfortunately they were cheap 5.1 speakers (35 quid if i remember correctly) and therefore only have a phono output so i can only get a stereo output but oh well

cheers for the help

i'll look around

I just cried a little tear for yo my friend, this is such a sad story. I hope you get through this sad, sad situation. :cry:

:stinks: