We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 w/ unofficial patch and DLC2 crashing on Ibiza Tour.

einsquared

The game has been crashing randomly since I installed the DLC2 patch, but it's not really been a big problem until the final Ibiza Tour race as it'll inevitably crash at some point into the race due to the long time it takes. Are there any pointers on how I could solve this? I'm on a GTX3080 with latest drivers, and I have the .dll that patches the map glitch installed. 

On 7/15/2023 at 10:59 AM, einsquared said:

The game has been crashing randomly since I installed the DLC2 patch, but it's not really been a big problem until the final Ibiza Tour race as it'll inevitably crash at some point into the race due to the long time it takes. Are there any pointers on how I could solve this? I'm on a GTX3080 with latest drivers, and I have the .dll that patches the map glitch installed. 

• 5 weeks later...

If you're experiencing crashes in Test Drive Unlimited 2 (TDU2) with the unofficial patch and DLC2 specifically during the Ibiza Tour, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try: Candy Crush

1. Remove or Disable the Unofficial Patch: Start by removing or disabling the unofficial patch for TDU2. Sometimes, unofficial patches can introduce compatibility issues or conflicts that result in crashes. Try running the game without the patch to see if the crashes persist.

1. Verify Game Files: If you have the game on a digital platform such as Steam, you can verify the integrity of the game files. This process checks for any corrupted or missing files and replaces them with the correct versions. Right-click on TDU2 in your Steam library, go to Properties, select the Local Files tab, and click on "Verify Integrity of Game Files."

1. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause crashes and other issues in games. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (such as NVIDIA or AMD) and download the latest drivers for your specific graphics card model.

1. Lower Graphics Settings: Try lowering the graphics settings within the game. High graphics settings can put a strain on your system, potentially causing crashes. Reduce settings such as resolution, texture quality, and anti-aliasing to see if it improves stability.

1. Disable or Adjust Antivirus/Firewall: Sometimes, antivirus or firewall software can interfere with game processes and cause crashes. Temporarily disable or adjust the settings of your antivirus or firewall software to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Check for Known Issues or Patches: Visit forums or community websites dedicated to TDU2 and check if there are any known issues or patches specifically related to crashes during the Ibiza Tour. Other players may have encountered similar problems and found solutions or workarounds.

If the crashes continue after trying these steps, it's advisable to reach out to the TDU2 community or the developers directly for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or additional insights based on the issue you're facing.

Edited by lauryfrieses