We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU - Problem with sky. How to fix it?

Hello
After a long break from TDU I decided to install this great game. I have version 1.66A. I haven't modified anything. Only dgVooDoo to get 60fps. Because otherwise the traffic goes crazy. I haven't uploaded any sky graphics, no cars, everything is original. And there is a problem.
There are strange distortions in the sky. Today I had a longer moment to myself, so I drove longer and more and more glitches are popping up. The sky is very strange. In addition, in the Nissan Skyline car, the rear-view mirror is strangely shaded. But it depends on how I stand to the light. Driving around in circles, this shading disappears and appears. But what worries me the most is the sky. What could be causing this? Is there any solution for this?

I'm adding a few screenshots

System: Windows 11 Pro, Radeon RX470 8GB GDDR5, 32GB RAM

Obraz10.png

15 minutes ago, Ryzza5 said:

dgvoodoo shouldn't be required.

I found this solution on MyAbandonware:
"If you have graphical glitches or weird traffic behavior - it happens because the game works too fast, originally it was supposed to work at 90 fps maximum. You need to limit the game's framerate to 90 fps (or 60 fps, with 60 fps limit the game works the best)."
"2. Use dgVoodoo 2.75 or newer version - copy dll-files from MS/x86, dgVoodoo.conf and dgVoodooCpl.exe into Test Drive Unlimited folder (where TestDriveUnlimited.exe is located), then open dgVoodoo.conf with Notepad and find the line FPSLimit = 0. Change "0" to "60" or "90" to limit the game's framerate to 60 or 90 fps. After that launch the game from TestDriveUnlimited.exe"