We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU came and I can't play it. :(

FateFTL

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

I get an average of 3fps!! :(

It's on lowest settings.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or even make it any better?

I have a GeForce FX 5500 (which I'm using) and an internal GeForce 6100.'

Any ideas? :(

EDIT: total specs

430W Thermaltake Power Supply

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.01GHz rated at 5.70GHz

Nvidia mobo

1GB RAM

GeForce 5500 FX

Btw, the Xbox 360 controller worked perfectly.

First, your video card cannot make it unless you put all settings on Windows to "Performance" instead of "Quality". With all details off and the lowest resolution, you might get an FPS rate of around 15 and that would be quite playable if it's stable on 15 (plus or minus 2 FPS).

I'd also double the RAM of your computer from one to two gigabytes, it might just make your system run smoother. :) As for the video card, I can recommend you the GeForce 7900 GS, that's the card I have and my processor is only half as good as yours is. Your processor is just a cutie! :D

First, your video card cannot make it unless you put all settings on Windows to "Performance" instead of "Quality". With all details off and the lowest resolution, you might get an FPS rate of around 15 and that would be quite playable if it's stable on 15 (plus or minus 2 FPS).

I'd also double the RAM of your computer from one to two gigabytes, it might just make your system run smoother. :) As for the video card, I can recommend you the GeForce 7900 GS, that's the card I have and my processor is only half as good as yours is. Your processor is just a cutie! :D

Yeah, it p00ns but I'm only buying something that will hold me over until they get the new DX10 cards. Also, my PSU has a 12V rating of 18Amps which can't hold the 7900gs. So yeh, if I get the EVGA 7600GT, I will probably be able to get it by this weekend. Btw, do you have msn/xfire/aim?

EDIT:

Still only about 3 fps. :(

I had the same problem, and I had roughly the same specs as you. I then borrowed $400AU from my mum, bought a 7600GT (which also increased my RAM from 894MB to 1022MB - 2 hits with 1 stone) and I'm getting about 40 FPS on fullscreen and high details. :)