We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Driving Aids

Lord

What exactly do they do, i usually just leave it on sport when driving around or racing and then turn it off when attempting to drift, what are the differences between "Driving Aid" "Hypersport" and "Sport".

The Driving Aid is the same thing as Traction Control. "Off" is no traction control, "Hypersport" is the closest to off, "Sport is just for playing around, "Driving Aid" is minimal tire spin {full traction control}. I use "Driving Aid" for cruising, racing, etc...I use "Hypersport" while drifting in HCM. You can still get wheel spin while fully accelerating from a stop in "Driving Aid", what you do is slowly pull RT (controller)and that will cause no tire spin at all. Also, when you buy a car from a dealership (usually fast cars) you will still get wheel spin using "Driving Aid". You just have to break the car's engine in to make it stop, usually by putting some miles on it. Hope that all helped.

yeah, i've been playing for awhile (455 achievements) so i know all about the car behavour, just wondered why it gives so many traction control options without describing what they do, well now i know :P

The Driving Aid is the same thing as Traction Control. "Off" is no traction control, "Hypersport" is the closest to off, "Sport is just for playing around, "Driving Aid" is minimal tire spin {full traction control}. I use "Driving Aid" for cruising, racing, etc...I use "Hypersport" while drifting in HCM. You can still get wheel spin while fully accelerating from a stop in "Driving Aid", what you do is slowly pull RT (controller)and that will cause no tire spin at all. Also, when you buy a car from a dealership (usually fast cars) you will still get wheel spin using "Driving Aid". You just have to break the car's engine in to make it stop, usually by putting some miles on it. Hope that all helped.

Thanks man! I didn't know either! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, adn I know i write too much stuff in general too much at a time on these forums, but.. you mean something actually happens when a car gains miles; that there is a 'break-in' period? for real?

:omg:

btw, to not be too O/T, I only use "off", and sometimes "hypersport" when i'm driving a very fast car (mod. enzo; koenigsegg, etc.) or I'm just lazily driving.