We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Demo: NASCAR 08

Nodz86

Demo: NASCAR 08

Content: NASCAR 08 Demo

Price: Free

Availability: Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, United States

Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Take the wheel at the Daytona International Speedway as NASCAR racing comes to the Xbox 360 for the first time. Experience tomorrow's racing today in NASCAR 08! Visit easports.com/nascar08 for more info.

Size: 589.32 MB

I think I'll pass on both. I'd get bored of just holding the accelerator around a circular track for 40 laps.

your basically just referring to Talladega and Daytona. the 'Super Speedway' tracks do not need to the brakes much @ all. but all the other tracks, its nessecary. and NASCAR is the only series i have watched where there are more then 40 racecars on a track @ a time. not sure about the American LeMans Series, but starting in 43rd, and trying to work your way to first is something i like to do.

i love the sport, but the only downpoint i've had with the NASCAR games is the monotone sound the engines make in-game. its like a constant roar that does put me to sleep. once i edjust the engine volume in the settings, i can play the nascar games for hours. (even on long family trips, the sound of the road under the car and the quiet hum of the engine puts me to sleep.)

it needs getting used to. fired it up last night, created a few cars, and started working on getting the "Driver's liscence's" to be able to race in 'The Chase' Mode. i need to figure out where to set the steering sensitivity, cuz im all over the track and cant get a clean lap.

what i dont like about the Create a Car mode, they took away the ability to use numbers below 100. (in NASCAR 2005 on the PS2, you were able to use the numbers below 100 that werent used in that race series) that, and in NASCAR, i think there is a rule that you cant run a car with three digits. i remember one year when Darrel Waltrip was still driving, had a paint scheme to honor a certain driver from the early NASCAR days (the paint scheme included the number 300) but he had to run his regular number for that race, cuz of that rule.

I played this last night and OMG it was so funny, i couldnt understand a word the pitlane people were saying (strange american accent) and i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to overtake someone who is doing the same speed as me, so i just rammed them off the track hahaha

i was also dissapointed that i couldnt do a donut, and the fact that the cars accelerate slower than a Ford Focus ST

I played this last night and OMG it was so funny, i couldnt understand a word the pitlane people were saying (strange american accent) and i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to overtake someone who is doing the same speed as me, so i just rammed them off the track hahaha

i was also dissapointed that i couldnt do a donut, and the fact that the cars accelerate slower than a Ford Focus ST

yeah, the Demo makes it tough to do that kind of thing, becuase how the cars are tuned for these Super Speedway tracks, its real tough cuz their really tuned for speed (190mph drafting around Daytona. 220+ if the 'restrictor plate' was never created) if the demo had more than just Daytona, it'll probably be easier. im sure it'll be fun to drift around Watkins Glen or Infineon

yeah, the Demo makes it tough to do that kind of thing, becuase how the cars are tuned for these Super Speedway tracks, its real tough cuz their really tuned for speed (190mph drafting around Daytona. 220+ if the 'restrictor plate' was never created) if the demo had more than just Daytona, it'll probably be easier. im sure it'll be fun to drift around Watkins Glen or Infineon

why coudn't i donut then?

felt like i had the power of a Vacuum Cleaner when i gunned it

why coudn't i donut then?

felt like i had the power of a Vacuum Cleaner when i gunned it

i think the gear ratio's are set high for the fast speeds around Daytona. i know from watching NASCAR, when a driver wins the race, they can easily turn a nob on the Dash to adjust the brake bias all the way to the front (and during the race to help the car's handling) to easily do burnouts as a form of celebration for winning. a lot of drivers are doing it lately.

but i know back in the last NASCAR title i played (NASCAR 2005 for the PS2) if i won at these 'Super Speedway' tracks, the rpms had to be near redline just to get the car to kick

out to perform the burnouts/donuts. with those 'restrictor plates' i mentioned, it robs the engine of air into the intake, thus creating less horsepower, making them slow to accel. but get alot of the cars in line around Daytona or Talledega, and the group of cars can go well over 190mph. w/o the 'restrictor plate', the cars can easily go 230+mph on their own. but with the plate, with the lack of air, it takes them a while to get their momentum up to competative speeds. during those races where the plates are used, it takes a good 1 to 1.5 laps to get to full speed.

i hope that answers why the cars feel like vacuum cleaners in the Demo

i think the gear ratio's are set high for the fast speeds around Daytona. i know from watching NASCAR, when a driver wins the race, they can easily turn a nob on the Dash to adjust the brake bias all the way to the front (and during the race to help the car's handling) to easily do burnouts as a form of celebration for winning. a lot of drivers are doing it lately.

but i know back in the last NASCAR title i played (NASCAR 2005 for the PS2) if i won at these 'Super Speedway' tracks, the rpms had to be near redline just to get the car to kick

out to perform the burnouts/donuts. with those 'restrictor plates' i mentioned, it robs the engine of air into the intake, thus creating less horsepower, making them slow to accel. but get alot of the cars in line around Daytona or Talledega, and the group of cars can go well over 190mph. w/o the 'restrictor plate', the cars can easily go 230+mph on their own. but with the plate, with the lack of air, it takes them a while to get their momentum up to competative speeds. during those races where the plates are used, it takes a good 1 to 1.5 laps to get to full speed.

i hope that answers why the cars feel like vacuum cleaners in the Demo

Yes, it does thanks :)

I've been to Daytona Raceway, its quite nice. Then I went to Daytona beach all day. :)

Daytona is nice, though i have never been. :headbang: wish i had cash to take a vacation...

anyways, i hope in an unlockable track is the infield course they use with the Rolex 24hr race. that would be a GREAT course to run.