We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Crysis Demo

eleKtro

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The demo is now available from most good game sites or google it or go here: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=234474

All I can say is wow you have to download it now. Forget all you are doing and download it now. :D

You need a good PC to run it mid - high but it's worth upgrading. Crytek have done a very good job with this game. The bar is raise yet again for all other FPS's.

Would my rig run it? (the demo that is) I know it would def be on low settings :p But still ... I dont know anything spec wise for Crysis

Hi Iced run this programme and it will tell you: http://ww1.electronicarts.co.uk/ViewPopup.aspx?id=227

Or

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10213/

It will run mid-low on most older PC's but it still looks good. :D

All I can say is O M G! I love it! Been looking forward to this game for about year and a half! And finally I've had a little bit of playing time! I play on Medium, High graphics. Can't wait for the full game!

In http://www.game.co.uk Buy Crysis for £26.99.

http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Action/FirstPersonShooter/~r328543/Crysis/

If you find it cheaper anywhere else please link it here.

You can also buy the Special Edition for £40.00

It doesn't install to the C drive, it just has to put certain files into System 32 folder like every other game, when it does that it gives you the choice of choosing where to install the game.

By the way if you finished the demo and think ok what now.

Open up My Computer on your PC.

Then go here.

D:\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Sandbox2 Installer

And install the Sandbox for Crysis. I'm installing it now, for you who don't know what this is, it's usually a modification for games where you can fiddle around with what ever you want and spawn items :D But Crysis is version is much more high tech :P

The CryENGINE® 2 Sandbox 2 can be started by running the

Editor.exe application found in the Bin32 directory for usage on

a 32bit PC or in the Bin64 Bin64 directory for usage on a 64bit PC.

Warning: Running the Sandbox Editor under a 32bit OS can lead to

instabilities with production size levels due to the low amount of

virtual memory available. Though the Sandbox Editor can be used in

this configuration to learn the feature set its use on a 32bit OS

is not supported.

Just did and also installed it! :D

Then i started it and it said my video card was not supported, WTF!:mad:

Mb did you run the checking program see above?

I've played the demo 4 times now and every time something different happens.

I now like to alert the enemy and then run and hide and let them hunt you down then pick them off one at a time.

A few tips for long shots set the firing mode to single burst for better accuracy. Go prone in cloak mode for longer invisible time. Make sure you tag all enemies so they show on the radar. Use the bar next to the radar on the left of the HUD to see if the enemy can see you.

I had some fun in the boats chasing the enemy around the sea shooting them. The boat physics are the best in any game so far and the ocean floor is full of detail.

Mb did you run the checking program see above?

I've played the demo 4 times now and every time something different happens.

I now like to alert the enemy and then run and hide and let them hunt you down then pick them off one at a time.

A few tips for long shots set the firing mode to single burst for better accuracy. Go prone in cloak mode for longer invisible time. Make sure you tag all enemies so they show on the radar. Use the bar next to the radar on the left of the HUD to see if the enemy can see you.

I had some fun in the boats chasing the enemy around the sea shooting them. The boat physics are the best in any game so far and the ocean floor is full of detail.

I'll have to try a boat chase.

Stinger you tried out the Sandbox yet?

One down this to the game to me is, when your in a vehicle e.g. Jeep, boat.. and your driving you can still use the Machine gun and shoot it. But that's not something that would stop me playing the game by far, great game! I love snipping the crabs on the beach and picking up the chickens and throwing them at the enemy :D

I'll have to try a boat chase.

Stinger you tried out the Sandbox yet?

One down this to the game to me is, when your in a vehicle e.g. Jeep, boat.. and your driving you can still use the Machine gun and shoot it. But that's not something that would stop me playing the game by far, great game! I love snipping the crabs on the beach and picking up the chickens and throwing them at the enemy :D

No not had time to try the sandbox yet. :D

Don't worry about the using the gun and driving thing. Some people have said it's a bug. :D But look at the difficulty options the harder the game setting the less aids you get. ;) Yes driving and shooting is like a driving aid set it on a harder setting and you have to move to the gunners seat. Crytek and thought of everything, want to have fun with driving and using the gun. Or more real drive only and have to change seat to use the gun it's up to you. :D

Also on the harder settings you need to learn Korean if you want to understand what the enemy is saying. ;)

But a bug I have found is on the beach the stick in the sand pops up where ever you walk but I think Crytek know about it and will fix it with a patch I bet. It reminds me of the litter bug you get in GTA3. But no way a game stopper you forget about it or may never notice unless someone tells you......oh too late :( :D

OMG the sandbox is great fun, I've been spawning Tanks, APC's Helicopter, Tornados! :D Aliens, making my own map is fun but very hard.

I think on Singly Player, No matter what setting the bots stay the same strength as in it takes the same amount of shots to kill them, but it takes them less shots to kill you, say on Easy it takes them 10 shots in the Chest to kill you, then on Normal, 8 shots, Hard 6 Shots and on Expert 3 Shots of something. That's my theory :D