We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear London Race

Pherelas

I know a lot of you are into Top Gear and all ready probably know this but oh well. Oh suppose if you don't want to know what is going to be in the next series don't read.

Just read in Motorboat mag that they are doing a race in the next series across London. Hammound is on a bike (pedel), May is in a Merc GL500, Clarkson is in a Honda 225 racing boat and the Stig is taking part on public transport which should be brilliant. There are a few more details in the article but should be a good program.

I'm quite sure it will as this is two storys that i've heard of about the new series and in this months TG mag there was a big article set in the isle of man which may or may not be on the TV, would be good though. When i'm back home i'll copy some of the photo's and headline but can't copy the whole thing becouse that would be copywrite infringmewnt and all that ribish, well so would the photo's, oh never mind.

When does it start??

Thought the BBC had a brainwave and abandoned TopGear for good, obviously not...

New series is in autumn, I think Clarkson siad late October in his newspaper/TG column when everyone accused him off quitting when he weren't.

Would be good to see Stig on london transport , He must have an Oyster Card or else he would have to talk and giveaway his Identity.

Is that the top gear track? That might mean they get it on the lap board.]

Audi Sam just reminded me of another thing they do that was also writtin in the article. They are making a boat out of a toyota hilex (again) and going accros the channel. I thought it was a joke becouse you'd be mad to do that but, well it is top gear and apparently it's true.

Hammond races jet in Top Gear stunt

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond has taken to the wheel of another high-powered car less than a year after his horrific crash while filming for the show, the BBC said.

Hammond, 37, drove a Bugatti Veyron, the fastest street-legal car in the world, in a "race" with a Typhoon fighter jet as part of a stunt for the programme.

The BBC said it had followed "stringent" safety procedures for the race, which was filmed last week at RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire.

Last September, Hammond was driving a jet-powered car at speeds approaching 300mph on an airfield near York when he crashed. A tyre blow-out sent the vehicle spinning off the runway and left the presenter upside down and dug into a grass verge.

He was airlifted to hospital where he was treated for swelling to the brain and bruising but eventually made a complete recovery. A film of the accident was later broadcast on Top Gear, where fans of the show welcomed him back a hero.

An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) later found there had been "failings in BBC management systems" before the accident. But it concluded that no-one should be prosecuted.

The latest stunt was described as "awesome" by one eyewitness who said the Bugatti drove for one mile each way down the airfield runway.

Meanwhile the Typhoon jet, which easily won the encounter, flew one mile over the runway, headed vertically for another mile and then turned round.

Bugatti Veyrons, which cost more than £800,000, are capable of over 250mph and can travel from zero to 60mph in just 2.5 seconds. A Typhoon jet can travel at twice the speed of sound.

A BBC spokesman said: "It was part of filming for a new series that starts in October."

From MSN News.