We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Servers playing up! :(

The Queen

Hey guys. Me and some others have tried to get on tdu earlier and this was what I did.

First of all i loaded the game up and clicked past the screens etc.. and got to where it loads your profile. Now the first time it loaded my profile. I clicked continue game and got into my house and then i chose my car and exited my house and i got out of my house and into the driveway. Was driving for roughly half an hour and i suddenly see a message saying the tdu servers are unavailable. So i click it and it closes and back to loading my profile. This time it doesn't load my profile and takes 2 minutes to say that "Someone else has logged into your profile. You will have to sign in again" or something similar. So i click ok and go back to loading my profile. It loads, I get into my house and out of my house etc.. and then start driving and less than 5 mins later the same connection message comes up and i'm taken back to loading my profile. I mean i did that like 5 times. Loaded and then was disconnected and it has now become a joke so i have just closed down the game etc.. Speed, carboy and many others have had the same problem. It's basically a continuous loop of this.. What on earth is happening atari? Are you updating the servers or something?

Also anyone else having this problem?

Also earlier this afternoon i was playing the game and i was in a car and suddenly i click somewhere random from the map and no one is around. No other people in the area etc.. and later on i find that my online profile has somehow gone offline and that there are police cars driving about. I tested it out and crashed into a police car and got a wanted star and was caught and was given a £150,000 fine? WTF!

The servers have definitly been playing up today and it seems they aren't stopping yet.

It seems to me that I only stay connected for a round 2 minutes at the moment, and another point to add to the bugs today is that I got the Leaving House Saving Freeze earlier which took quite a while to resolve. Something must be going on because it does disconnect us a lot and theres no real reason for it, we just get disconnected randomly and then when we reconnect it says someone is on our profile. Surely it could just match the IPs or something and realise it's us on our profile and let us in again. It doesn't take a genius to realise it's just disconnected us but then still thinks that we're connected when we try to get back in game. Seems like a bit of a bad loop to me. But then again, maybe it's just us that have this problem? Anyone else got this problem at the moment? Anyone else still awake even? Let us know, Thanks.

It seems to me that I only stay connected for a round 2 minutes at the moment, and another point to add to the bugs today is that I got the Leaving House Saving Freeze earlier which took quite a while to resolve. Something must be going on because it does disconnect us a lot and theres no real reason for it, we just get disconnected randomly and then when we reconnect it says someone is on our profile. Surely it could just match the IPs or something and realise it's us on our profile and let us in again. It doesn't take a genius to realise it's just disconnected us but then still thinks that we're connected when we try to get back in game. Seems like a bit of a bad loop to me. But then again, maybe it's just us that have this problem? Anyone else got this problem at the moment? Anyone else still awake even? Let us know, Thanks.

Logging on was pain, first I used the trick Speed posted on the US forum, but sometimes the game would freeze during the login so I would have to restart the computer, then I got to do again, then it happens again etc. This happened to me 2 days ago once, but not crazy like this day.

Today, I was only able to play for 10 minutes, then it would just freeze and I had to restart my computer. During those ten min, only 6 people came up and disappeared. Atari has some explaining to do. I can't even connect to XFIRE now. Usually there would be millions of people online, but when I checked, it's only 192,082 online What in the world is happening??????

Yes there were major problems all weekend.

I did not have the profile problems but got disconnected all the time. Also had the what I call "nicked someone's car bug" where you are driving around and then jump to someone and start driving their car. Then if that was not strange enough you can then see your name and if you drive to it you see yourself lagging. Definitely a Twilight Zone moment for those old enough to remember it. :D