We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Halo 3

Hammy

I know that Argos started selling them online for delivery or instore collection on the 19th/20th then someone noticed and I believe M$ done there nut at them.

The only trouble with getting games early on the 360 is that if you play a game before the official release date and connected to XBL with it being on your played games list or you playing it they ban your Xbox from XBL and your account.

Whlst on the subject of Halo 3 the special edition with the helmet has sold out through pre orders, the limited edition has nearly sold out through pre orders, so most people on release day will only be able to get the normal edition.

Edit:

Heres the article about Halo 3 being sold early that I found on the MG forum I use:

Argos has admitted breaking the official release date for Halo 3. The UK high street retailer coughed to the goof after lucky gamers reported getting their mitts on copies of the game before the scheduled release date next week.

halo_3_1.jpg

Microsoft's Halo 3: tipped to be a Christmas smash

Argos quickly apologised for its actions and claimed that the sales were the result of a genuine administrative error. It said it doesn't endorse breaking release dates.

The hotly anticipated shoot-'em-up is due for UK release on 26 September, but pictures of copies of the game that were allegedly sold by Argos before the official release date, along with pictures of dated receipts, sprang up online today.

According to one report, the Argos' website said the game could be collected between 19 and 20 September. However, when Register Hardware tried to order its own copy, we found that Argos had rectified the error, with a notice that "This page is currently unavailable". Blast.

This week, Microsoft confirmed that all UK copies of Halo 3 Legendary Edition had already been allocated through pre-orders, and that stocks of the Limited Edition copy were also close to running out. It's not known what effect the Argos sales had on numbers.

Source: Reg Hardware.

I ain't gonna waste my money on Halo 3 !

I played Halo it was boring, I played Halo 2 it was boring and tbh honest I don't know what all the fuss is about. Its one of those games thats overated and most people only buy it because its 'cool' to have.

Bring on NHL 2K8 :excited: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MS have already said they're not banning people's accounts and they hope the people who have it early enjoy the game. Halo has never been a game I have liked. My FPS have to have a realistic feel to the guns such as Rainbow 6: Vegas and have to provide realistic shooting. Halo has always felt generic to me and don't get me started on how boring the weapons feel. This is one 360 game I'll be giving a miss.

Now, Ninja Gaiden 2, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil 5, Alan Wake, Call Of Duty 4 and Silent Hill 5 are games I am certainly looking forward to. Particularly the first 2!!

• 2 weeks later...

well i managed to get the game for £20 ( i love a bargain), which arrived through the post yesterday, still hasn't quite made it to my xbox yet, the only this that does interest me in this game, its the Co-op campaign mode, cause when i played halo single player campaign was sooooooo boring, but add another player the equation and it actually was good fun