We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PotW: Week 5 Entry

Iced_Bullet

Speed, seeing as this is your "thread" (ish) you've just broken the rules of no major photoshopping. I am afraid I will only accept the non-edited version, as this is unfair to the people who do not know how to photoshop.

Sorry to be mean, but it's the rules, and I cant be seen to be breaking them for specific members only. If you'd not mentioned the editing update, then I wouldn't have noticed.

But then that's life :p Only accepting the non-edited one - sorry.

When I have the non-edited version, I will enter you ShadowGT.

Having a laugh? What's wrong with removing text? It just makes it look neater, + there is plenty of free software that you can download to do the exact same thing....

Well seeing as you didn't really care when I asked you when I started this thread, I made my own rules up as I quote:

Me - "Do you think the rules are OK?"

You: "Yes, I don't really care tbh"

So, you see, the rules I created define much clearer than your previous rules, about what I allowed, and what isn't allowed. As I said at college, if you hadn't said anything about changing the picture, I wouldn't have notcied, but as it happens. I did notice. So unfortunately - rules are rules.

Anyway, if I'd just Pm'ed Shadow and changed it for him you would've never noticed so what's the problem, it hasn't really improved the quality of the picture in anyway, just tidied it up a bit, imo adding a border and sharpening an image is a lot more "major photoshopping" then just removing the text which you wouldn't notice in my edited version at all if I hadn't said myself. If someone talks and screws up your photo, it's not your fault, he can't help it...

Plus, it is classed as major photoshopping, when I state in the rules, that ONLY brightening and adding a border is allowed.

Just change the words Picasa 2 for Gimp 2 and brightening, effects, filters and cropping for photo retouching and you can clearly see my point.

My quote was from the previous thread. I decided to change the rules for this one. SO unfortunately quoting me on that one doesn't work ;)

P.S. My winning bike/sun photo was edited like this, didn't notice that did you? Exactly. You wouldn't have noticed it without him asking and me telling him what I'd done, so what's the problem?

There you go, you didn't mention it, so no-one knew. But this time you did mention it. And please none of the sarcy comments. You seem very different on the forums than IRL.

P.P.S. Sorry if anyone thinks this is excessive but I really don't see any sense in this rule and it was me who invented this whole competition!

You're free to make the rules back to how you wish next time (if you remember). But seeing as you'd forgotten by 4 days + forgot by a week on 2 other occasions. You can't really complain. I have created a fair and friendly competition and have given a fairly easy theme. If you don't want "pointless" rules, then make sure you remember to create the thread on-time. :)

Now thats the end of the matter, or we'll get told off by baldred again.

+ MadMax your picture is over 800x600.

E: Speed has edited his previous post, so my quotes are from there. But he's changed his view point now ;)

OK, this isn't carrying on with the argument. I'm mearly stating what the final verdict is, so it's clear for all. The final editing rules are now in the first post.

I tried to cover everyone's view from last week. By allowing brightening (which is what I'm for) But I tried to also allow input from CarFreak and ScaR who are anti-photoshop. So decisions like this are always going to cause un-rest within posts. So I hope you see why I chose these, and had to been sticking to them.

If I create rules which try to occupy lots of views, the I can't let 1 individual break one rule (however simple).

And The bit about the cropping, please don't be sarcastic (as you said you were trying to when we walked home) It's that sort of thing which will cause this discussion to degrade. Not having adult discussions about rule choices. ;)

@Mark: We wont fall out over this :p we found it quite funny when we walked home today. And if you didn't know, we know each other IRL quite well lol! But even though we found it funny, I have to stat what the rules are. And It's speed whos been sarcastic, I've mearly had an adult discusion, stating my reasonings. [Which are to make the rules cover a bit of everyone's views].

PS. 1000th Post! :D :monkeydance: :excited:Now on 3 reputation points :p

E: My posts continue to look pointless, as Speed has edited them, so if you read mine, and they don't make sence, you know why. However they do state why I've given the rulings I have.

By allowing brightening (which is what I'm for) But I tried to also allow input from CarFreak and ScaR who are anti-photoshop. So decisions like this are always going to cause un-rest within posts. So I hope you see why I chose these, and had to been sticking to them.

OK. I'm not anti-photoshop, I just think the photo's should remain stock (resizing & removal of borders excluded), as that is the whole Idea of photomode. Capturing a shot ingame is all about the picture, and not what is edited of it afterwards. This is my 2c, and I don't PARTICULARLY mind about the rules as they are.

The time may change to around 8.30pm GMT if Speed wants to do it as he may be at work.

Or he may not be at work because he has the whole week off Lmao. But he will be at a Charity Quiz from 7pm til whenever it finshes so unless you want the vote posted at around 11pm then I suggest you handle it yourself :)