We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need For Speed Pro Street

eleKtro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RB26DETT

I have the game! Just got it this past weekend I don't know bout the bad reviews, but I enjoy this game! It's way better than carbon, that's one reason.

Pros:

1. Many cars!

2. You really have to use your breaks this time when taking corners. Grip racing physics feel a bit like Gran Turismo? (Shoot me if I have offended someone.)

3. Better Graphics

4. You don't have to pay when you want to add decals, vinyls and to paint your car.

5. Advanced Customization and Tuning

Cons:

1. No free roam

2. You can't just customize cars for fun when not in career mode. (AKA Garage in the previous games.)

anyone wanna add to the list?

Oh no looks like I have to buy it now, I said I would buy the first game that has the Veyron in it. :(

Look at the car list that is hidden:

info from nfsunlimited

Aston Martin DB9

Aston Martin DBR9

Audi R8

Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Dodge Challenger Concept

Koenigsegg CCX

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Lancia Delta Integrale Evo

McLaren F1

Mercedes SL65 AMG

Plymouth Road Runner

Porsche 911 GT3

Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Porsche Carrera GT

Seat Leon Cupra

OM*G What the hell

Cons:

1. No free roam

2. You can't just customize cars for fun when not in career mode. (AKA Garage in the previous games.)

those are like the most fun things you can actually do.

No free roam has really ticked me off.

But I'll still buy the game to see what it's like.

Thanks for the information RB26DETT

Guest RB26DETT
Oh no looks like I have to buy it now, I said I would buy the first game that has the Veyron in it. :(

Look at the car list that is hidden:

info from nfsunlimited

Aston Martin DB9

Aston Martin DBR9

Audi R8

Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Dodge Challenger Concept

Koenigsegg CCX

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Lancia Delta Integrale Evo

McLaren F1

Mercedes SL65 AMG

Plymouth Road Runner

Porsche 911 GT3

Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Porsche Carrera GT

Seat Leon Cupra

WOAH! Those aren't in my game... DAMN IT! I think that's if you get the Collectors Edition. The only supercars in the game that I can recall are the Lambo LP640, Zonda F, Cayman S(?), 911 GT2, 911 Turbo

OM*G What the hell

those are like the most fun things you can actually do.

No free roam has really ticked me off.

But I'll still buy the game to see what it's like.

Thanks for the information [/i]RB26DETT

no prob mate! :)

Guest RB26DETT
WOAH! Those aren't in my game... DAMN IT! I think that's if you get the Collectors Edition. The only supercars in the game that I can recall are the Lambo LP640, Zonda F, Cayman S(?), 911 GT2, 911 Turbo

oh bugger... i think i just nuggeted myself with the post... didn't see that baldred posted the hidden list or the unreleased car list.

DAMN!

DIABLO!!! NUGGET IS HERE BABY!!! :woot:

oh bugger... i think i just nuggeted myself with the post... didn't see that baldred posted the hidden list or the unreleased car list.

DAMN!

DIABLO!!! NUGGET IS HERE BABY!!! :woot:

I think you have now as you said baldred not me ;). It's bad enough one mod being forced to buy pro street without dragging baldred's name down to the NFS world too. :)

I have to apologise in advice to Diablo for this but I have taken my losing bet on the chin and got Pro Street. Now sorry to have this in such a nice forum but just to let you know what I am having to play. Also like the team player I am I have made a vid so you can see for yourself what it's like. Then you don't/do have to buy it.

You see I think there is a hidden gem here I don't know how they did this but just maybe there is some fun here. Lets just say I was lost for words after a few races.

Disclaimer: This post is the view of S71NG3R, and does not represent the views of the other tdu-central staff.

Well with the risk of being banned from this forum it is good. Much better than all the underground NFS's and more like the first ones. But you can still add body kits and spoil a perfectly good car if you want to.

Grip racing and most race days use a lot of grip racing.

Cars are harder to drive so you have to use the brakes, yes I was shocked too. :D

lots of track combinations and some are of real life tracks like Mondello park in the vid.

It's more like a toca game than a NFS game with tuning and setups. Also the way the cars handle is more like toca, not played Fonza 2 so don't know if they are as close as EA say. The cars feel waited so you can feel the body roll more so than any semi-sim game I've played before.

I was most impressed with the AI the best by a long way. Ok they are programmed to make mistakes as you could see from the vid. But they are very random so no race is ever the same.

The sound of the cars is very good and the tyres sound right too.

I like the race days idea so you have to look after the car or pay to fix it. The cars have to last the full race day so if you don't want to pay money then drive carefully. Or you can use insurance tokens if you have won any or bought some.

Dislikes:

It's still NFS so you get all the flashy bits and balloons. :wtf:

The announcers are the worst parts by far and they should have been put to sleep not paid by EA. lucky you can turn them down or off.

Drifting is very bad but once you get to know how the car slides you just do it and move on.

Drag racing is fun but all over too soon and I'm not a big fan off drag racing anyway.

The speed racing is very much like normal NFS games where you just have to drive flat-out so not a lot of fun. But it gives you a break from the other racing I guess.

The changes you make to the setup should be more noticeable. Like you should be able to feel the changes, but maybe it's because I'm more for full sim racing.

Overall thought:

I would say get it for the grip racing and don't expect too much and it can be a fun game. If you hate the NFS world with a passion then you will be better off leaving it on the shop shelf.

[cut too long] (in a good way ;))

I would say get it for the grip racing and don't expect too much and it can be a fun game. If you hate the NFS world with a passion then you will be better off leaving it on the shop shelf.

Thanks S71NG3R :D Good review, trust your more than the random ones on the net who are *cough* paid by EA ;)

Guest RB26DETT
hmm, I played ProStreet on my cousin's PS3 and I have to say the controls were terrible... it was near impossible to get the cars around the corner, and in the drags, its very difficult to get your tyres up to temperature properly.

you'll get used to it.:) what race mode did you have a hard time getting the cars round the corner? grip or drift? drifting is kick ass, you'd have to handbreak every time you enter the corner and keep tapping it to keep your car sideways.

concerning the drag, it depends on what car you have. i have a hard time warming up the tires for muscle cars (dodge charger r/t) so i have a subaru impreza wrx sti that does incredible burnouts all the time. it runs in the low 8's in the 1/4 mile course. :D

Guest RB26DETT

that doesn't sound right just because it's on a different platform. i have gamepad for my PC, no problems.

oh well, i have fun playing prostreet.

EDIT: Turn off ABS and Traction Control... =p

I got it Saturday and I have to say I'm enjoying it a lot.

The driving is much better than Carbon/Most Wanted a nice change to the game.

I find drifting strange, because some times I will go around the track and get 3,000 points then other times only 1,000. Anyone know how the scoring works? The more sideways more points? or back to front?

Guest RB26DETT
I got it Saturday and I have to say I'm enjoying it a lot.

The driving is much better than Carbon/Most Wanted a nice change to the game.

I find drifting strange, because some times I will go around the track and get 3,000 points then other times only 1,000. Anyone know how the scoring works? The more sideways more points? or back to front?

more speed = more points.

and i've noticed that if you're in a short track, you rack up points faster than in longer courses. i did 15k points in one run where i usually do 5k on the autobahnring.