We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

'Sensible Soccer' on Xbox Live confirmed

Baldy

The hugely popular Commodore Amiga classic Sensible World of Soccer is to be released on Xbox Live on December 19, publisher Codemasters has announced.

Based on the 1996 version of the hit game, Codemasters even recruited some of the original development team to work on the Xbox conversion, utilising as much of the original Amiga game as they could, while also adding additional features such as online play.

The eagerly-awaited Xbox Live release had been delayed for some months as the publisher claimed it had been waiting for Microsoft certification before it could announce its release date.

Sounds like a good game.

Sensible soccer used to be ACE ... so simple to play unlike modern footie games ... up down left right and kick/slide ... that was it ... you curved the ball depending upon what direction button you pushed post kick ...

Oh and I never played in on an Amiga ... I played it on my mates Arcimedes!!!!!!!!

We used to have Soccer tournaments as a break while revising for exams at Uni!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

It went on but has been pulled as there is a problem with the game.

Arcade: Sensible World of Soccer

Content: Sensible World of Soccer

Price: 800 Microsoft Points

Availability: Not available in Japan

Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 1-2, Local Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). Sensible World of Soccer is the classic 90’s football game reborn with enhanced graphics! Take on your friends online now in this fantastic pick up and play football game. Play a quick game, or manage your team over a full season with a fully immersive tactics editor.This game uses technology of Massive Incorporated ("Massive") that enables in-game advertising. Massive may collect your Internet protocol address and other anonymous information for the purposes of transmitting and measuring in-game advertising. Massive does not store or use this information for discovering your identity. Please see Massive's privacy policy: http://www.massiveincorporated.com/site_network/privacy.htm. Trademarks and copyrighted material in in-game advertising are the property of the respective owners. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/Live/accounts.

Edit: This game has been pulled. I’ll post an update when it is available again. In the meantime, if you downloaded this busted version, please delete it and when the new one is available you’ll be able to downloaded it again (at no charge if you purchased it.) While you do that, I’ll go yell at some folks for letting this happen. Apologies and the moment the proper version is available I’ll update this post.

From Major Nelson