We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

playing online

stevthunt

I have a xbox 360 and 99% of the time I get a message cannot join this session, or your online settings do not match , I only bought the xbox for online play and its so frustrtating when I can't get to play online.

Am I doing something wrong or are players preventing me from joining ?

Run a connection test on your 360. Its in the Purple blade under network settings.

If after the test you have a NAT setting of Strict or Moderate that will be your problem.

Depending on what way you connect your 360 to the net will depend on how to get rid of the problem.

Just found this on Major Nelson and could be the reason as I have had trouble connecting to live layely.

Xbox LIVE Status

You may have noticed that the LIVE service has been having a few issues over the past few days. This includes things like signing in, matchmaking and account recovery. Not everyone has had problems, but I know some of you have and I wanted to give you and update. While the service was never completely offline, problems like this are not acceptable. The entire LIVE team has been working day and night to ensure that you can have a great LIVE experience. While we’re not done yet, I wanted to let you know that things are getting better each hour and that no one on the team is going anywhere until the job is done. Thanks for your patience.