We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Number Plate Mod gone wrong

TheSR0

So I decided at giving making a plate a go, created the image in photoshop, saved them successfully (i think) coverted them and added them. My DDS files come out looking the same as the tutorial which is a good sign.

But in the game they look like this.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --[/

Which obviously isn't wright :oook:

Could someone have a stab at where they think I've gone wrong :)

Thanks!

My basic image is there, believe it or not but its just not displaying right.

Think when you converted it/saved it as a .dds.

If you have a backup, which you should, put the default back on and start again!

Just make sure all settings when your saving the .dds is correct, read and look at everything in the tutorial is what your actually doing.

If worst comes to worst on your second try, Ill do one for you.

So I decided at giving making a plate a go, created the image in photoshop, saved them successfully (i think) coverted them and added them. My DDS files come out looking the same as the tutorial which is a good sign.

But in the game they look like this.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --[/

Which obviously isn't wright :oook:

Could someone have a stab at where they think I've gone wrong :)

Thanks!

My basic image is there, believe it or not but its just not displaying right.

LOOL now nobody will know if it's anyone's car xD

Lol ok I'll give it another go :)

Download all 3 tools.

You make your jpeg.

Save as DDS in *Tutorial shown format* Save as plate.dds ?

Close jpeg

Open jpeg

Filter > Nvidia Tools > Apply the filter press OK as shown in tutorial

Save as ??? plate.dds or ws_plate.dds?

Open Bikedit - Extract the 2 original files from TDU, Open modding program & Convert both images.

Go back to Bikedit - Replece both plate.dds & ws_plate.dds with new created images.

This is right ain't it? :p

Lol ok I'll give it another go :)

Download all 3 tools.

You make your jpeg.

Save as DDS in *Tutorial shown format* Save as plate.dds ?

Close jpeg

Open jpeg

Filter > Nvidia Tools > Apply the filter press OK as shown in tutorial

Save as ??? plate.dds or ws_plate.dds?

Open Bikedit - Extract the 2 original files from TDU, Open modding program & Convert both images.

The nromal design and filtered design, you can save as any name. But you must then remember to convert it using the TDU Modding Toos.

For the normal design, when in the dds -> 2db, in the original file bit, it must be the plate.dds and for the filtered, it must be ws_plate.2db Then, in the bnk repacker, replace the plate.2db with the (your new) normal .2db and replace the ws_plate.2db with your new filtered 2.db file.

I have never really been good at explaining things ... but it has worked for everyone else ... :)

Go back to Bikedit - Replece both plate.dds & ws_plate.dds with new created images.

This is right ain't it? :p

What is this bit about? Bikedit?

What is this bit about? Bikedit?

That part was me referring to

Step 11

- 1 - Back in the BNK Editor program, select the 'plate.2db'. Now click on 'Replace File' and locate the plate.2db file you created.

- 2 - Select the 'ws_plate.2db'. Now click on 'Replace File' and locate the ws_plate.2db file you created.

- 3 - Select 'Save BNK' and then you're away! Go into TDU and hopefully it will work!

Basically replace both Plate.2db & ws_plate.2db inside BNK Editor with the new .2db files that will be created by the DDS>2DB Convertor? :)

BTW Sorry I meant BNK Editor not Bikedit :P

Right .... any clearer?

Step 11

- 1 - Back in the BNK Editor program, select the 'plate.2db'. Now click on 'Replace File' and locate the plate.2db file you created in step 9

- 2 - Select the 'ws_plate.2db'. Now click on 'Replace File' and locate the ws_plate.2db file you created in step 10

- 3 - Select 'Save BNK' and then you're away! Go into TDU and hopefully it will work!