We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Good Driving Sims

jbenekeorr

Hi, I have recently bought a G25 and am thinking of buying some race sims for it. I know of some, namely: GT legends (for which i have downloaded the demo and like it but would like to hear from some other players to tell me what it is really like) Race 07 (which i also have the demo of and am not particularly bothered about) TDU (Rules!) rFactor (demo came with my G25 and am not too keen on) ... urm and thats about it i think...

So basically, are there any more sims i should know about?

Are any of the above mentioned any good?

P.s - I do like games with roads i can drive on .. but race sims are fine

OOOh P.s again - Are there ANY off-road driving games about .. ANYWHERE?!?!?!

Live For Speed and rFactor are the ones i play. If you like Rally you could go for Richard Burns Rally.

netKar Pro is the most complete sim, but its very very hard.

I sorta recommend GTR2, but it has dreadfull FFB. Same with RACE07.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE LFS, I drifted so much in it yesterday in the XR Turbo that I burst both rear tyres.

I agree with the 1st post though. WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THE OFF-ROAD GAMES?! There's some Russian one that looks really good but I can't obtain it. I have tried certain, erm, 'techniques' of getting it, but they didn't work. Maybe it doesn't like running on Vista. Apparently they've done a 2nd game that does work on Vista, but my 'methods of obtaining' don't seem to have any English patched versions yet...

Personally, LFS and rFactor are the way to go. GTR2 was good, 2 years ago, but now its these 2. The amount of full mods for rFactor far outweigh the crappiness of the original cars & the new tracks are awesome.

I managed to find a legit copy of UAZ 4x4 racing (which is big in russia), its fairly good, but theres definitely some things that need fixing with it.