We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Demo: GRID

Nodz86

Sorry to drag on about the PC version in the 360 thread if needed I can move these to a new thread in the PC section.

Anyway Codemasters have responded and all I can say is why do I have to do this when every other racing game that supports force feedback works just fine with Logitech wheels. :oook:

Hi,

We've found a workaround for many of the issues affecting users of Force-Feedback steering wheels.

This should fix both the "No Force-Feedback" issue and the "reversed acceleration axis" issue.

It does involve editing your registry settings, which is not without risk, so this should only be attempted at your own risk, and if you're an experience PC user. if in doubt, back up first.

1) Determine the hardware ID of the wheel:

Open Device Manager and select Human Interface Devices

Right-click the wheel in question and click Properties

Click on the Details tab

Under the Property dropdown, select Hardware IDs

Under Value you can find the hardware IDs, which will look like (but not exactly- these are examples):

USB\VID_046D&PID_CA03&REV_0019

USB\VID_046D&PID_CA03

2) Unplug the wheel's from the USB Socket on the PC.

3) Uninstall the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS)

4) Run regedit

5) Delete the following registry keys which correspond with the hardware ID found in step 1:

EG: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID _046D&PID_CA03

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VI D_046D&PID_CA03

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\V ID_046D&PID_CA03

6) Re-install the LGS, making sure you correctly follow the prompts regarding plugging the wheel in. (as in "don't plug it in till it tells you to")

This is an AT YOUR OWN RISK fix. Take very great care when working with the system registry.

DW about it S71NG3R, at the time of posting I wasn't aware of the demo being on PSN and PC or I would have put it in general gaming, so just move this one if you want.

At least you got a response out of codemasters, but it seems a bit to much just to play a game that isn't as good as it used to be

DW about it S71NG3R, at the time of posting I wasn't aware of the demo being on PSN and PC or I would have put it in general gaming, so just move this one if you want.

At least you got a response out of codemasters, but it seems a bit to much just to play a game that isn't as good as it used to be

Ok thanks I'll move it to general for all to see.