We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MP3 Converter

iBilo

Yeah I also need something to convert all my iTunes purchases into non-DRM MP3s ... any suggestions, I don't mind paying a few quid for the right programme.

Also suggestions for a smallish (20G+) small HD/solid state device would be appreciated ... something to put my music on and then leave plugged into the car ... the new car uses a USB port and only accepts Windows Playlists ... hence the change from ipod!

I have 'quite a few' tunes I've purchased from iTunes over the years ... that would take ages

to put it into some context I have a 20G iPod Colour ... which has over 4000 songs on it ... I've no idea how many I purchased off iTunes and how many I took off my CD collection

I've had loads over the last few years that i've stared building my music collection and keep loosing them. Most are shamless trails made to look like freeware, annoying. I used nero wave somthing or other once aswell, that worked for odd tracks/

M4A > MP3 at all bitrates. Mostly noticeable below 200kbps. Hydrogen audio tested it extensively. Buy a good audio player. ;)

Back on topic, there was a PC programme that converted your DRM iTunes files into non DRM M4a files. I'll see if I can find it again. It was similar to the Jhymm project only it was more up to date. Not sure how well it worked.