We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TF2 Free Weekend

Speed

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll237/SpeedFreakLightning/PyroUpdate.jpg

This weekend is a TF2 free weekend, so you can download the full game and play for free. You can even download it now, before the play starts, so that tomorrow morning you can play straight away, with the game already downloaded. So for those of you that don't have AitD arriving first thing tomorrow, this is a great alternative to take your mind off it :D

This is down to a pyro class update being released along with 2 custom maps...

http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/

One of the things we enjoy at Valve is seeing the fantastic things that community members create with the Source Engine SDK. When we released Team Fortress 2, we also released the production tools that we made our maps with. Since then, we’ve seen a ton of great, community-made maps appear on servers out there, and received many emails from players recommending their favorites to us. After seeing the large number of these maps, and the high quality work contained within them, we decided it’d be great to get some of them out in an update so that everyone can experience them.

For the first Community Map Pack, we've selected two of the best community-made maps out there. It wasn't easy to select just two, with so many great maps to choose from, and more appearing every day. We've had a lot of fun playing these maps, and we know that many of you have too. For those of you who haven’t tried them out, you’re in for a treat.

In addition to the three unlockable Pyro weapons, we've made a significant addition to the base Pyro flamethrower. By hitting the alt-fire key, the Pyro is able to produce a blast of compressed air that knocks enemies away, and redirects enemy projectiles. It’s a highly versatile tool, allowing Pyros to get away from nearby enemies after igniting them, to kill enemy soldiers with their own rockets, or to separate enemy Medics from their healing targets. In particular, it allows a skilled Pyro to contain an enemy invulnerability push, and even to separate the Medic completely if the surrounding terrain supports it.
Also, check out this server...

Because it's owned my TSS and Me :D

I take it we wont be able to play after the weekend? :p

That's why it's called a "Free Weekend." You can only play for the weekend as a taster to see if you want to buy the game, they're not just giving it out for free forever!

Great opportunity for newcomers to the game and I think it's a great way to see how good a game this really is. I mentioned this to Speedtouch and he has been hooked from the moment his download finished and started playing.

I'm sure after the Free Weekend you will be dieing to buy the game because it is just THAT good ;):p

Team Fortress 2 for free? Iced what the hell are you playing at. It would never be free. If it was then nobody would get any money and they wouldn't bother to put in the effort of updates ;)