We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Strike Witches Sell (Actual) Underpants in Japan

Eudemon

c10b00038l.jpg

The Japanese character goods retailer Chara-Ani began accepting pre-orders for Strike Witches boxer briefs on Friday. The 2,100-yen (about US$25.00) briefs come in three styles — for the characters Yoshika Miyafuji, Mio Sakamoto, and Sanya V. Litvyak — and in the Japanese sizes large and medium. Each of the briefs features an illustration of the respective character by Strike Witches creator Humikane Shimada on the front, along with the insignia of the anime's 501st Joint Fighter Wing Strike Witches (written with "501th") on the rear.

A popular quote from the anime, "Pantsu ja nai kara hazukashiku nai mon" ("I'm not embarrassed since these aren't my underpants!"), refers to how the female characters' combat outfits are not actually underpants, despite how similar they look.

[img width=160 height=160]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk241/Eudemon_Randy/c10b00038l2.jpg

The pre-orders end on December 17, and each customer is limited to 10 pairs of each style and size. The briefs will ship in late February, although Chara-Ani will also sell them early at the DK Anime Complex Fes 2011 event on January 23.

Chara-Ani also sold Lucky Star and Space Battleship Yamato underpants last year. Kadokawa Shoten's Nyantype magazine offered a limited-edition Strike Witches Pantsu Ja Nai Kubi Makura (Strike Witches They're-Not-Underpants Neck Pillow) to its readers last year as well.

Source:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2010-11-26/strike-witches-sell-actual-underpants-in-japan