We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

British International Motor Show 2008

MaDaSp7

They aren't as good as MaDaSp7's, but anyway:

A few of my shots. All of them can be seen here. Click to enlarge them. Larger ones if you want them, just ask.

Thanks, yours look just as good if not better to me. :thumbsup:

BTW was there loads of people there ???????

I went on the Saturday, got there when it opened and there were already a load of people there, again like randomus_r said in 2006 it was much quieter earlier in the day.

Right now a question for everyone that went. The video clip below is from the Pulling Power Motor Show Special, did anyone see the featured Ultimate Collection that had Veyron in it?

I completely missed it! :mad:

^ There was no-one standing at the gate when I went, but it was sort of nice because it makes them look more exclusive (which they are obviously).

Anyway:

My pictures of the TG Police cars. They really were hilarious, because they were just terrible :lol: They were selling the latest TG mag for £1 there. Well they had to come up with a way to get the cars there...

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Ever wondered how May got his car white? Yes those are drips and he painted over the badges. Very professional :lol:

^ There was no-one standing at the gate when I went, but it was sort of nice because it makes them look more exclusive (which they are obviously).

Ah, there was some huge woman there when we went past, but she wondered off at some point and LOADS of people swarmed onto the stand she got real moody, lol xD

I didn't see it either... I saw the egg, 599, Spyker etc and Zonda F, but no Bugatti.... :/

I wasn't the only one to miss it then. :)

I think I did see the entrance to that (it was in the centre bit, I think it went upstairs or something), but it looked very private, and there was a man on the door who made it look very VIP only...

Yes you're probably right, I remember seeing that and thinking exactly the same thing.

I went :thumbsup:.

NEC shows were much better imo, I'm not just saying it because I come from the Birmingham area but its true, much smaller than I expected :confused:.

Anyway I sat in pretty much all the Vauxhalls, Saab's, Caddies & Chevy's (see the pattern ???????) loved the Alfa Romeo MiTo, Isingnia, CTS, and loads of other cars, I got to drive a Land Rover Freelander on a mini offroad course, I took loads of pics about 60 to be percise but I used my SE C902 and they don't look that good on the phone so I probably will upload the best tommorow sometime.

Anyway I will just like to say while I am here that in every Cadillac I sat in the interior was very well designed, didn't look cheap, definently well upto European standards (I don't care what people say I was more than impressed to the point that I will say Cadillac were the best cars there !) and I swear if anybody criticises Cadillac again I will be more than happy to point them to the nearest Cadillac showroom in their area and tell them to sit in a car and admire the very well designed 'european finish' interior :thumbsup:.

Overall very good but it needs to be back in Brum, excel has nothing on the NEC imo in terms of space, layout and ok parking is better but thats about it ;).

BTW the M25 is the worst motorway ever :mad:, but I managed to crack 50mpg in my car while driving there and back so not all bad news :thumbsup: !!!!!!!

Nige the reason it got dropped from Brum is as follows ...

Milan, Paris, Tokyo, Geneva ... Birmingham ... doesn't really fit ... OK I know there are also Frankfurt and Detroit but they are big centres for the Automotive world ... Foreigners don't know where Birmingham is ... London they do ... hence the Olympic bid that got the UK the Olympics is in London and not Manchester or Birmingham

They found that car manufacturers weren't doing launches in the UK and so had to rethink the show ... hence all the bits you can do rather than just plain stands

As to the show ... well I did think about going to see what the MiTo and 8C looks like (spot the trend) ... but also I was hoping to see some Ferraris and Lambos and they're not there ... are they ?

I hate to say this, but I do have to agree with Nige to a certain extent. The Caddys were surprisingly well made :p The plastics still felt a little cheap compared to a lot of other cars though...

E: Hybrid - Nope, Ferrari and lambo aren't there on their own stands, however there were a few cars floating around on other stands.

Nige the reason it got dropped from Brum is as follows ...

Milan, Paris, Tokyo, Geneva ... Birmingham ... doesn't really fit ... OK I know there are also Frankfurt and Detroit but they are big centres for the Automotive world ... Foreigners don't know where Birmingham is ... London they do ... hence the Olympic bid that got the UK the Olympics is in London and not Manchester or Birmingham

They found that car manufacturers weren't doing launches in the UK and so had to rethink the show ... hence all the bits you can do rather than just plain stands

As to the show ... well I did think about going to see what the MiTo and 8C looks like (spot the trend) ... but also I was hoping to see some Ferraris and Lambos and they're not there ... are they ?

Yeah I also think it was because of the poor attendance at the NEC show's but I'm still saying the NEC shows were much better, more manufacturers, bigger stands, overall much more to do and its like a 20 minute motorway journey from my house.

Brum is perfect its in the centre of the UK (pretty much), Birmingham International train station is like 5 min walk, Birmingham International Airport is like a 5 minute walk, the motorway system is pretty damn close and overall its in much more user friendly place what I mean by that it is pretty easy for everyone to get there :).

Anyway it was alright, I didn't get bags & bags of free stuff like previous shows though (I only got 2 bags and thats because I had to pay for the guide and Top gear magazine !) but I got to sit in loads of cars like the MiTo (its official I love it :)!), Insignia, CTS, STS, SRX, BLS, VXR8, 9-3, 9-5, Pro Cee'd (thats nice !) and loads of other cars :).

I also got to look at the Corvette ZR1, ZO6 and C6 convertable :thumbsup:.