We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Berger: Vettel will win the championship one day

HavockJoker

Gerhard Berger has praised his young driver Sebastian Vettel. Vettel will leave Berger's Scuderia Toro Rosso at the end of the season to join the team's big brother Red Bull Racing. Berger believes Vettel has everything a driver needs to win the Formula One championship one day.

"This young man his highly talented," Berger told German magazine Bild. "He can do everything really and I am convinced that one day he will win the Formula 1 championship."

Source:http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/08/14/berger-vettel-will-win-the-championship-one-day/

Never gonna happen in a million years. Discuss?

He has had too many DNF's this pass season. And personally I think he will not get any better. If he gets onto a better team he does have a chance.

That would be worth a bet actually, and tbh the car makes up imo about 60% of how good a driver can be. Put Massa or Hamilton into a Red Bull or Torro Rosso and the same results would probably be done that are being done by the current drivers them self.

See I'm a bit hit and miss with Vettel, by that I mean some days I think he has the talent to become a 'great' f1 driver and other days (Mark Webber - safety car !) I think he's just another over hyped driver.

Robert Kubica is a guy you wanna talk about when mentioning a future champion, he's the only driver I would put money on winning a championship in the future because he's consistent, he gets the job done and you need someone like that to bring the results home consistently.

Mark my words give it a couple of years he will win a championship and possibly be the next Schumacher ...... :cool:

See I'm a bit hit and miss with Vettel, by that I mean some days I think he has the talent to become a 'great' f1 driver and other days (Mark Webber - safety car !) I think he's just another over hyped driver.

Robert Kubica is a guy you wanna talk about when mentioning a future champion, he's the only driver I would put money on winning a championship in the future because he's consistent, he gets the job done and you need someone like that to bring the results home consistently.

Mark my words give it a couple of years he will win a championship and possibly be the next Schumacher ...... :cool:

I would also think Kubica, Hamilton, Massa, and probably Heidlfeld. Alonso too if he can get Renault up to speed again.

• 5 weeks later...
Source:http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/08/14/berger-vettel-will-win-the-championship-one-day/

Never gonna happen in a million years. Discuss?

He has had too many DNF's this pass season. And personally I think he will not get any better. If he gets onto a better team he does have a chance.

A few days ago I would agree, but now this post made me LOL. :rofl: