We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hard Drive Upgrade

YeOldeTDUMan

a quick question for peeps ...

has anyone done a hard drive upgrade on their 360?

I've got a good olde 20G model and about 8G free and was thinking with the talk of the new enviroment and storing games on you HD for faster/quieter access over the DVD drive of upgrading to the 120G drive

so has anyone done it? and how easy was it?

The easiest/only way is with the M$ transfer kit, it moves all your content complete with licenses. Although I don't think they supply it with the new HDD's. Being the useful sort of organisation they are I think you have to phone up and apply for one an wait.... and wait... and wait... (repeat)

It does not void the warrenty and it comes with the transfer cable (good job as the wait for one if you upgrade console to an elite say is 3 months).

Also I just done a search on Play.com and the 120gb is on £70 (£10 more than a 20gb) now used to be £100+.

One thing is that after you have transfered it all to the new HDD you can't transfer it anymore to any other HDD's.

I thought when I did a search on Play the 70 quid ones were second hand through their trade section ?

So if you transfer the data from one drive to another you then can't transfer it on to another ... so if you change ytour drive and it dies your stuffed

so what also happens if you've upgraded your drive and then the bring out the next-xbox and there is the possibility to transfer data

sounds like I'll give it a miss!

I thought when I did a search on Play the 70 quid ones were second hand through their trade section ?

So if you transfer the data from one drive to another you then can't transfer it on to another ... so if you change ytour drive and it dies your stuffed

so what also happens if you've upgraded your drive and then the bring out the next-xbox and there is the possibility to transfer data

sounds like I'll give it a miss!

Thats just what I've read so I am not to sure, all I remember reading is that if you tranfer from a 20gb to a 120gb you cannot transfer it back to the 20gb. I ain't sure about if you tried to go from a 20gb to a 60gb if it would let you then move it to a 120gb or a new xbox.