We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to make your own sound file?

Polska111

I would like to make my own sound mod, however I have less than no idea what software is needed to be able to do so. People have clearly made them in the past, and I have a VERY good sound database of which to use to create a new mint soundpack, however I need to know what is involved. Can somebody set me in the right direction? I'll be your bestest of best friends.

lol. Peace <3

Firstly,

- Get Audcaity

- Make sure you have the .bnk unpacker/repacker

Using the .bnk unpacker/repacker, unpack the car sound .bnk, and extract the .wav files from inside this. Use Audacity to open these .wav files and then add i your own to another "track". Make sure they are exactly the same length by zooming right in. Delete the "original track" and export the whole thing as a .wav (Microsoft 4bit MS ADPCM) then 'replace' th original .wav in the .bnk unpacker/repacker with the newly saved one and 'save the .bnk'

Hopefully it should work =]

Sound Mods are the trickiest ever as it can sometimes take hours just to iron out one little sound glitch!

Sound Mods are the trickiest ever as it can sometimes take hours just to iron out one little sound glitch!

I'll say.

And yes, you must zoom EXACTLY in. It's quite neccessary.

I'll make sure I was doing to right thing, and hopefully have worked out some of the problems I've been having with my sound mods.

Oh, and Iced, where can I post a link to my sound mods? I made a good one for the RT12 by piecing together bits of other sounds and some TT stuff, and I'd like to post a link to it somewhere on the forum, but I'm not sure where...

-Leadfoot

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...