We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Change the class of a car

Elisson

Hi folks!

First, i want to congrat the forum, cause was the only place that i´ve found nice information about mods on TDU!

Now, my question... I want to change the class of a car, i´ve already downloaded BNK Editor but i need some help to know how to change this!

another question is... can i change(choose) the cars or change the class of a race? Example: I want to run the ´Tour of the Island' race only with class G cars, can i do that?

Thanx for attention!

Hi folks!

First, i want to congrat the forum, cause was the only place that i´ve found nice information about mods on TDU!

Now, my question... I want to change the class of a car, i´ve already downloaded BNK Editor but i need some help to know how to change this!

another question is... can i change(choose) the cars or change the class of a race? Example: I want to run the ´Tour of the Island' race only with class G cars, can i do that?

Thanx for attention!

At the moment this sort of modding isn't available due to it being hard coded and encrypted inside database files. You can body swap (nearest solution) to make the car your driving look like your in a G class.

E: Ooh, actually hang on, I have seen it before, you might be able to do something in notepad ... brb

you can change the class of the car, but its kind of a bad way i got here, rename the file to the other car whit other class (remember to backup your files) EX: 300_C.bnk is D class, and you want it in, C class, and wanna switch it whit the corvette C6.

take the 300_C.bnk and rename it Corv_C6.bnk then say yes to everything, then the file will be named Corv_C6 (2).bnk

take the normal covette and name it 300_C.bnk

then take the Corv_C6 (2).bnk and name it Corv_C6.bnk

this time it will stay whit that name.

now you can go to chrysler dealer and buy a corvette C6 in D class, and go to Chevy dealer and buy a 300C in C class, thats the way i know.

you can change the class of the car, but its kind of a bad way i got here, rename the file to the other car whit other class (remember to backup your files) EX: 300_C.bnk is D class, and you want it in, C class, and wanna switch it whit the corvette C6.

take the 300_C.bnk and rename it Corv_C6.bnk then say yes to everything, then the file will be named Corv_C6 (2).bnk

take the normal covette and name it 300_C.bnk

then take the Corv_C6 (2).bnk and name it Corv_C6.bnk

this time it will stay whit that name.

now you can go to chrysler dealer and buy a corvette C6 in D class, and go to Chevy dealer and buy a 300C in C class, thats the way i know.

That's body swapping :cheeky: Gives you different handling, compared to just a class swap.

Yes Iced_Bullet, it only change the body, but not the the specs of the car!

I´m looking for a way to change the class of a car or (better) change(or select) the class of a race, for example, run a race of B class with D class cars (include opponents). I´ve look the IGE files but i have no idea how to change this!

Thank you people for reply!

I´m looking for a way to change the class of a car or (better) change(or select) the class of a race, for example, run a race of B class with D class cars (include opponents). I´ve look the IGE files but i have no idea how to change this!

Ah, if you're wanting to change the races, I can't help, sorry. That's all stored in database files we're yet to decrypt.

Eureka!

I´ve using a Hex-Editor and opened some IGE files.

i take the RSFE0029.IGE (Tour of island) and i change some values

adress 2307 - choose class of opponent car

00=A class

01=B class

02=C class

03=D class

04=E class

05=F class

06=G class

adress 1E0F

01 = Opponent car is the same you choose(you must chage value on adress 2001 to 7C to take effect)

03 = Opponent car same class as defined on adress 2307

04 = Opponent can race with any car

in adress 2907 if you change value to 00 you can allow the race with 'cars only'

Some information here isn´t 100% precise, but i could race the 'tour of island' with G class cars and others.

• 3 weeks later...
Eureka!

I´ve using a Hex-Editor and opened some IGE files.

i take the RSFE0029.IGE (Tour of island) and i change some values

adress 2307 - choose class of opponent car

00=A class

01=B class

02=C class

03=D class

04=E class

05=F class

06=G class

adress 1E0F

01 = Opponent car is the same you choose(you must chage value on adress 2001 to 7C to take effect)

03 = Opponent car same class as defined on adress 2307

04 = Opponent can race with any car

in adress 2907 if you change value to 00 you can allow the race with 'cars only'

Some information here isn´t 100% precise, but i could race the 'tour of island' with G class cars and others.

Anyway of changing it so motorbikes can race in non-motorbike races?

Maybe with motorbike opponents as well?

• 9 months later...

hey.. that not fair..:D:D

i usually used G or F class because they handle better.. who says it is not fast?

here you go:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8715/19072003.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/746/68688833.jpg