We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Aston Martin One-77 revealed (Kind of)

Baltoman

Top Gear Magazine (sorta) reveals Aston Martin One-77

Posted Oct 6th 2008 7:58AM by Jonathon Ramsey

Filed under: Coupes, Sports/GTs, Supercars, Aston Martin, Rendered Speculation

1-77_tg_2.jpg

The Paris Motor Show has given up its secrets, but that doesn't mean the teasing is over. Top Gear magazine has the story on the Aston Martin One-77, joined by what will probably be more tease-tastic renders. One thing that can be gleaned from the rendering on the TG microsite is the headlight layout, with an inner row of LEDs leading back to an array that includes at least one additional cluster of LEDs. The front end still looks a tad overwrought to us – and a little reminiscent of the GTbyCitroen – but we suppose we'll just have to get a copy of Top Gear before we vote with our thumbs.

Source: Auto Blog

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks hawt :thumbsup:

It looks kinda scary lol. I look at that render and I don't want it. When I see new Lambo's and Ferrari's I want them and I wanted the DB9 when I first saw it but I'm a little tired of it now. I'm with Hybrid we need something to replace the elderley Vanquish.

the Vanquish got replaced by the DB9 on steroids known as the DBS (Bonds current car)

as far as I'm aware there is no true stand-alone Vanquish replacement

This thing is blatantly a DB9 off shoot too ... most probably carbon panels and all that ... can't really make the underlying body much lighter as it's all simple Ally boxes to start with ... this kind of reminds me of the exclusive cars Zagato produce every now and then ... more for the uber-rich that want to look different rather than an out and out beast of a car ... the styling is just way too fussy

as you may have guessed I don't like it!

VIDEO: Aston Martin continues to tease the One-77

Posted Oct 6th 2008 10:02AM by Chris Shunk

Filed under: Videos, Paris Motor Show, Aston Martin

aston_one_77_grab_450op.jpg

Click above to watch the One-77 teaser video from Aston Martin

It's hard to think of a DB-9 or Vanquish as anything other than automotive perfection, so when the Brits in Gaydon say the One-77 is the embodiment of Aston Martin design, color us interested. The ultra-exclusive two-seat supercar seems to have it all: a 700 hp V12, carbon fiber chassis, aluminum body, and the ultimate in Aston design. The One-77 has an exclusive price tag of about £1,050,000 before taxes, too, and even the Paris Motor Show isn't a big enough venue to unveil the full design to the world.

Aston Martin is sure playing up the anticipation for the One-77, and even though there is absolutely no shot we'll ever get to drive one, we're taking the bait. Teasers and sneak peaks are all we're getting at this point, and with a full year before it goes on sale, we could be waiting a bit longer. Aston CEO Bez Ulrich and chief designer Mark Reichman sat down to discuss the One-77 with the cameras rolling, and the two key players on team Martin seem to be in love with this vehicle. Hit the jump to see more glimpses of the One-77 lurking in the shadows, while Bez and Mark shower the mega-exclusive supercar with verbal praise. Now just show us the whole damn car already!

And yet given the chance, you wouldn't say no. (Not just RB, al of you who hate it). That is an epic car, and I always love it when a car maker chooses a good number - nothing round, so 77 is perfect (actually 69 is, but this is a clean forum)

The "you wouldn't say no" argument is timelessly stupid. Give it to me for free? I'll take it, of course. Give me the value of the car in cold hard cash and I will get something I actually like.

You like it, great. I don't, great.

I think the last number of a car magazine I got posted some teaser pictures of this... Anyways, I don't really like it either. It just sorta looks... like another Aston Martin if you get what I mean. I can't really see anything 'special' about it, but I guess I'll have to wait for some real piccys before I judge it too much ;)

Guest RB26DETT
And yet given the chance, you wouldn't say no. (Not just RB, al of you who hate it). That is an epic car, and I always love it when a car maker chooses a good number - nothing round, so 77 is perfect (actually 69 is, but this is a clean forum)

i didn't say i hated it. i just said it was ugly. take the ferrari f50, it's really ugly but i love that car to death. :p

Guest RB26DETT

apart from them limiting it to 77 units, i see no point in buying one unless you're extremely rich.

2 million bucks! i'll order a hamburger instead.