We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Red Ring of Death (help please)

Pherelas

Right my xbox is nice and dead, almost happy about it as I think its still in the guarantee. First time its happened so can anyone tell me what to do to send it back?

What do I send back, just console or everything?

What to send it in?

Any more info i'll need, just how does it all work?

EDIT: Ok i unplugged everything and then put it back again and its working, kinda annoying as its been playing up and I don't want to pay for a repair.

Right go on xbox.com go to and report a repair they will send you an email with confermation. (think you will need to register your console if you haven't). You also get 3 years warrenty for RRoD.

Just send back the box, keep all, leads, HDD controllers etc. Dont send it back in the xbox box send it in a plain one as you dont get it back and make sure it is well packaged.

Sorry to hear its happened, have you tried unplagging and plugging the leads back in??

Edit: just seen you edit. hopefully it'll live

Sorry to hear its happened, have you tried unplagging and plugging the leads back in??

Yer and its stopped, thing is its been playing around for a while trying to go, is annoying as i want it repaired properly.

EDIT: Its broken again but no ring of death, this is annoying me.

• 3 weeks later...
yes there is go on xbox.com and register your console (you type in a code off the back of it) and then it will tell you how old it is.

If it is within the 3years you then click on request a repair or something like that

If just says "Standard Warranty Expired" then "A three-year warranty applies to conditions indicated by three red lights. Please click "request a new repair" to proceed."

Where abouts does it say the age of it?

If just says "Standard Warranty Expired" then "A three-year warranty applies to conditions indicated by three red lights. Please click "request a new repair" to proceed."

Where abouts does it say the age of it?

Strange, I'll have a look and let you know, back in a min

Edit: CLick "View Warrenty Details" on the Right hand side and it'll show

Strange, I'll have a look and let you know, back in a min

Edit: CLick "View Warrenty Details" on the Right hand side and it'll show

Yer mine was blank but had the end of one year warrenty date on there so I have untill the end of march next year.

Have sorted it out and there sending me a box.

Thanks for all your help, I'll try and +rep you but dunno if it will let me.

I just got an email through about it, shall copy it below;

They do not tell me which of the three they are going to do, should I get another email about this?

Dear --------------------,

Xbox Customer Support Service Request ID#: -----------------

Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support! We are processing your request to repair your console. In the meantime, please read the IMPORTANT information below:

We have 3 shipping methods to get your console to us:

Where you receive an electronic mailing label

· You should receive a separate e-mail notification with instructions for printing the label. Follow the instructions below to ship your console to us using the electronic label. You have the option of calling UPS to arrange collection or you can schedule a collection online:

· Schedule a collection in the UK

· Schedule a collection in Ireland

· If you have not received your electronic label in your e-mail after 24 hours, please check your "junk mail" or "spam" folders in your email application. If the shipping label email is not present, please contact Xbox Support to verify your email address, or request an alternative shipping label.

· Use a sturdy package that is well padded to help protect the contents during the shipping process. The service centre will return the repaired or replaced components to you in our own packaging.

· Write your full return address and the Service Request number on the outside of the package.

Where you receive a paper label

· UPS will attempt to deliver this in the next 1-3 days. You have the option of calling UPS to arrange collection or you can schedule a collection online:

· Schedule a collection in the UK

· Schedule a collection in Ireland

· Please package your console before this time.

· When UPS arrive, they will attach the label to the box immediately and take it away.

· Use a sturdy package that is well padded to help protect the contents during the shipping process. The service centre will return the repaired or replaced components to you in our own packaging.

· Write your full return address and the Service Request number on the outside of the package.

Where you receive a pre-paid shipping box

· You will receive an empty shipping box with further instructions included in the package.

· Below is the shipping information for the packaging materials.

o Carrier Name:

o Carrier Tracking Number:

· You can track the status of your package using the website and the tracking number provided above. (The tracking number may take up to 24 hours to activate).

What to do next

· Remove the Hard Drive if attached (Xbox 360 only). For more information on how to do this, see KB Article 906204.

· Remove any custom faceplates (Xbox 360 only). For more information on how to do this, see KB article 907331

· Remove any discs from the disc tray. For more information, see KB article 907532 or KB article 906935. For the original Xbox, see KB article 817396.

· If you have already sent your console in for repair you can disregard the shipping instructions in this email.

Do not:

· Do not write Xbox or Microsoft on the outside of the package.

· Do not use your original Xbox or Xbox 360 packaging to send your console to our Service Centre, as it will not be returned.

· Do not include any Games, Hard Drives, AV cables, Controllers or any other accessories with the console unless instructed by an Xbox Service Agent.

My address has changed?

· We can only perform return address changes before you have shipped your console to our Service Center. Address changes after this time are not possible.

How to check on the status of your console repair?

You can do this quickly and easily by signing in at https://service.xbox.com/servicesignin.aspx. Once you have logged in, click on the relevant device and then click on "Review your repair status".

Once we receive your console it will take 2-3 weeks to get it back to you.

Thank you for your patience while we work to get your console repaired and returned to you as quickly as possible!

Note: This is not a monitored email address.

• 3 weeks later...

Right sorry to post here again but I hav eanother problem,

I got my xbox back today, turned it on and has since crashed 4 times (within 20 mins, hav't really done anything).It going to have to go back but its not red ringing. Do they give you another warrenty becosue i'm not paying becouse they sent a me a faulty replacement. Anyone had this happen to them?