We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 2007 Audi R8 (4 Versions)

Tool831

They do work. It's just that they're near the top of the dash. But perhaps that's me as I replaced the AMV8 (I dislike flappy paddle gearboxes)

Ok, but I wonder which of the 4 versions of the R8 is most popular?:confused: I use the version 4. I don't mind the paddle shifts.;)

What transmission does this R8 for TDU has anyway, the gear stick in the car looks manual though.

• Replies 226
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do work. It's just that they're near the top of the dash. But perhaps that's me as I replaced the AMV8 (I dislike flappy paddle gearboxes)

It has this body swapping bug on every car you put it on, I put it on the C8 Spyder and it has that.

Well I'm happy with the R8 to replace the Spyker, I would replace the RUF with a Porsche.

Edit: Right ok, I tried replacing the RGT with an R8 & I might replace the Spyker with 911 GT3 RS. You can also use the custom R8 sound from Shark's with this one. R8 replacing the RUF RGT gave it better performance than the Spyker, but why is RUF class D & Spyker class C when it's worse?

Well I'm happy with the R8 to replace the Spyker, I would replace the RUF with a Porsche.

Edit: Right ok, I tried replacing the RGT with an R8 & I might replace the Spyker with 911 GT3 RS. You can also use the custom R8 sound from Shark's with this one. R8 replacing the RUF RGT gave it better performance than the Spyker, but why is RUF class D & Spyker class C when it's worse?

The RUF RGT is one of/ or the best car in class D, and its also the closest car to real R8 Performance! :D and TDU sometimes has cars in the wrong classes, most obvious is the TVR T440

Edit: I recommend Djey's RS4 sound, works good especially since the RS4 and R8 use the same engine.

The RUF RGT is one of/ or the best car in class D, and its also the closest car to real R8 Performance! :D and TDU sometimes has cars in the wrong classes, most obvious is the TVR T440

Edit: I recommend Djey's RS4 sound, works good especially since the RS4 and R8 use the same engine.

Well I love Shark's R8 sound, it grunts & screams like the real thing should.:thumbsup: Have you tried it? You can give me a link to Djey's RS4 sound & I might try it.;) I believe the R8 still have slightly different sounds to the RS4 & it sounds better. The R8 should sound more noisier & Shark's sound is made just for it.:)

I have a great R8 sound, one of the best soundmods I've heard in a while (which is odd, because it's one of three mods that I ever did that actually worked). However, the amazing source sounds are from someone's mod for another game, so I'm not sure what the deal is with permissions. I'll see maybe I'll release it, maybe not. :(

-Leadfoot

;169768']I have a great R8 sound, one of the best soundmods I've heard in a while (which is odd, because it's one of three mods that I ever did that actually worked). However, the amazing source sounds are from someone's mod for another game, so I'm not sure what the deal is with permissions. I'll see maybe I'll release it, maybe not. :(

-Leadfoot

Oh that will be nice if you can release it, but have you tried Shark's R8 sound? I replaced the Gallardo Roadster with the R8 & I don't give a toss about perfect dashboard views, at least I can still see the roads. Now it has AWD & those flappy paddle shift gears. I don't mind about those gears & this R8 is not manual anyway. I looked on the gearstick & it has Audi R Tronic gearbox.

Edit: I'm only a bit annoyed of the dashboard view, so why the interior positions are different when replacing some other cars?

Because the car that the modder intends to replace is what the modder mods the car on. Cameras are in a fixed position in TDU. We cannot change them sufficiently enough to match each carmod.

Oh well, but I'm leaving the R8 replacing Gallardo Roadster anyway.:p It's all whee drive & most of the other cars with similar performance to the R8 are rear wheel drive.:(

Oh well, but I'm leaving the R8 replacing Gallardo Roadster anyway.:p It's all whee drive & most of the other cars with similar performance to the R8 are rear wheel drive.:(

The RGT has great grip to me imo so it feels more like AWD, unlike the Spyker

Man I changed my mind about the RUF replacement, because it's rear wheel drive & the R8 should be all wheel drive. Need to find something else with a supercar performance AWD.

I swapped this with the A6 seeing that its AWD + its has same engine specs as an R8

Great Mod keep up the nice work :)

engine specs are not everything... the R8 goes 301km/h;)

btw., where is the GT3RS, tool aka ninja fish :confused:

I don't know. There's been posts on his page about where it is. I bookmarked the thread, and it just says "Invalid thread requst" or something, which means it's been deleted. :(

That's a shame... It looked done, and everyone was looking forward to it. :(

-Leadfoot

Don't worry, Porsche Carrera GT will finish his one day ;)

As for the R8 replacing the RGT, its pretty good since 90% of the power in the R8 goes to rear wheels, making it feel more like a RWD car, and with the RGT's great grip it might give the feeling of the R8.

;170239']I don't know. There's been posts on his page about where it is. I bookmarked the thread, and it just says "Invalid thread requst" or something, which means it's been deleted. :(

That's a shame... It looked done, and everyone was looking forward to it. :(

-Leadfoot

What, the 911 GT3 RS project is gone!:eek2: So it's over?