We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is better than a G25 !

alastair78

I have had both wheels (new) and the Logitech Driving Force GT is by far a better wheel. It has a fantastic feel, its a thicker wheel, pedals are fantastic and the feedback is simply amazing.

I don't care how good you think the G25 is, the GT wheel is better and much cheaper. The G25 shifter is garbage and there is no point to manual in a computer game, it simply wastes time. Also when in sequential mode, the G25 had problems with TDU even though it was this game was designed to support it. I agree the pedals are better on the G25 but it really makes no difference.

The logitech GT is my favorite wheel by a long way, I bought 2 in case they stop making them and mine breaks.

I have owned the following wheels which were all bought new so you know what I am comparing them to.

- Original Logitech FF wheel what ever that was in about 1993

- Logitech MOMO F1

- Logitech MOMO Racing

- Logitech Driving Force Pro

- Logitech G25

- Logitech Driving Force GT (WINNER!!!)

Seriosuly, I paid $89 for mine (Australian) Bargain !

logitech_driving_force_gt_wheel.jpg

I Have TO Disagree I Can Shift Faster In Manual Than With Semi Automatic And I Have More Control With Full Manual Than With Semi Auto. Then Theres The Fact TDU Is A Simulator So You Need The Manual Shift, The 900degree Rotation And The Pedal Box To Get The Full Experience. To Me You Sound More Of An Arcade Gamer Than A Simulator Fan

The fact that TDU supports the H-shifter is amazing.

I was playing the game with auto transmission before with my Ferrari wheel, but getting a G25 was the best investment I have made so far.

Running sequential mode shifting in TDU, GRID and Richard Burns Rally slowed me down.

After getting the H-shifter plug-in for Richard Burns and using H-shifting in TDU, GRID I have improved my times and driving ten fold. In sequential mode it takes to long to downshift to just the right gear depending on your driving and if your wheels are spinning.

The fact that you can engage the exact gear you need and the working clutch in most games are the selling points for me with the G25 and I strongly considered the GT because of the price difference. But in the end the G25 won out.

Even Need For Speed Most Wanted along with Carbon and Undercover support the H-shifter with the G25 makes immersion in these games better even though some might say those games suck alltogether. I read many websites, reviews before I decided on a G25.

Too each his own, this is not to say I am right and your not, just some of my personal opinion on the G25. I cannot really comment on the GT as I have never owned one. I am glad you are happy with the GT. Thats what it really comes down to. How you personally like things the way you want to enjoy games, regardless of what others say or feel.

Now go play!

I Have TO Disagree I Can Shift Faster In Manual Than With Semi Automatic And I Have More Control With Full Manual Than With Semi Auto. Then Theres The Fact TDU Is A Simulator So You Need The Manual Shift, The 900degree Rotation And The Pedal Box To Get The Full Experience. To Me You Sound More Of An Arcade Gamer Than A Simulator Fan

Please stop with the capital letters, please.

On topic, you must be mad Alastair. The Logitech G25 is the best steering wheel I've ever had. I love the shifter, its easy to put on, its so precise.

Although I think mine has died. Considering I got it brand new from Ebay (still in packaging) I don't know whether I should report it to Logitech or not..

To the 3 people tho replied.... Honestly have you used the Driving Force GT Wheel or did you buy your G25 ages ago and just assume nothing can compete with it?

Facts:

- GT is way better than the Driving force PRO

- G25 Shifter feels cheap

- Clutches do not do anything in a computer game, they just make gear changes take longer.

- A lot of real high performance cars are now sequential or auto because its faster than manual changing for example ZF Transmission in Ford Falcons

- The G25 is unrealistically thin where as the GT wheel is thicker.

- The G25 Wheel is 2-3 times more expensive

If I wanted a manual shifter I would recommend getting a Logitech GT with an aftermarket shifter the the ACT Labs. I know the G25 is technically a better wheel with dual force feedback motors etc, but in reality the GT gave me a far more realistic driving experience and has super powerful force feedback. I would highly recommend the GT to anyone.

I was actually so disapointed with my G25 when I bought it that I sold it straight away.

Just saying...

the point in the clutch is to have more control and if you dont realise that then there is something wrong with you and you didnt have it set up right in tdu for example you can stop on a hill release the brakes and just hold it by balancing the clutch no im sorry but if thats useless and unrealistic im not human

To the 3 people tho replied.... Honestly have you used the Driving Force GT Wheel or did you buy your G25 ages ago and just assume nothing can compete with it?

Facts:

- GT is way better than the Driving force PRO

- G25 Shifter feels cheap

- Clutches do not do anything in a computer game, they just make gear changes take longer.

- A lot of real high performance cars are now sequential or auto because its faster than manual changing for example ZF Transmission in Ford Falcons

- The G25 is unrealistically thin where as the GT wheel is thicker.

- The G25 Wheel is 2-3 times more expensive

If I wanted a manual shifter I would recommend getting a Logitech GT with an aftermarket shifter the the ACT Labs. I know the G25 is technically a better wheel with dual force feedback motors etc, but in reality the GT gave me a far more realistic driving experience and has super powerful force feedback. I would highly recommend the GT to anyone.

I was actually so disapointed with my G25 when I bought it that I sold it straight away.

Just saying...

Just no. I'm not even going to bother argue cos all of the G25 flaming is so totally wrong.

Then Theres The Fact TDU Is A Simulator So You Need The Manual Shift, The 900degree Rotation And The Pedal Box To Get The Full Experience. To Me You Sound More Of An Arcade Gamer Than A Simulator Fan

Weeeeelllllll, TDU is an arcade racer, it is far from a sim. But really, we use the clutch and shifter because we want that feel of realism; we drive the way we would in real life. Kinda like a keyboard vs. the Logitech Momo. Obviously we'd take the Momo because it allows for more realism than a keyboard. We get the full driving pleasure that you can get from games, not some wimpy sequential crap.

Disagreed. Everyone has their own opinion, but the Driving Force GT is just not as good as the G25. Sure, the wheel might be a bit thicker, but there's no manual gearbox, no paddle shifters, no clutch pedal and no leather and stainless steel (Which doesn't matter too much, but it's still a nice addition). It costs more because of all these extra features, and while you may call them useless, wheels are to make games more realistic, and these features do contribute to realism (With the exception of the last one). In my opinion, the manual gearbox is more fun than the paddle shifters or sequential, so I would get less fun with the Driving Force GT. The time it actually "wastes" isn't that much time, and you can still outrun a sequential car in a manual car if you have the proper skills (I'm presuming both cars have the same performance for this situation). As for the G25 shifter feeling cheap, I used to get that problem, and eventually the shifter broke, but Logitech sent me a new wheel, and the shifter feels great. I also like the design of the G25 more than the GT, but that's just my opinion.

That's all I have to say.

To the OP, there is nothing on the market right now that is affordable and gives your the realism of the G25. My cousin has the DFP GT and IMO its just not as good. Maybe the fact that I have modded my G25 shifter that I have a better experience. The DFP GT doesn't have support for PC, doesn't have pedals that are aluminum and pressure sensitive pedals. Seriously its not as good.