We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mod Testers

vincentswe95

Well I agree with the negative comments being conducive. I would just want it to be very cut and dry, saying what is actually wrong with the model. Not something like, I wish this was on the S6 and not the A6, or I don't like this model, ideally there would be no bias what so ever. What should be in the critique is technical flaws in the model, texture flaws, colors, and so on.

I am a college graduate and live in North America (Los Angeles) and only speak English, so If you want me to public the critiques, then I will.

That was soo bad idea ;)

Think if the modder don't will..?

And like tool said, dont everything car be fixed:D

Unfortunately, a lot of the people on this forum seem to think that because many of the modders are converting models, they are able to somehow be amazing 3D modelers as well. A conversion is not a custom build! Some people don't realize that some stuff can't be fixed.

Before people make comments about what's being changed, try modding yourself please! Then you'll realize how hard it is and what can and can't be done. :)

-Leadfoot

Well if all you're gonna say is, "Detail is good, interior fits perfectly" and be nice generally, then whats point? ;) There's no constructive criticism ;)

Or do you plan to go something like "The shadows are a little bit bugged, road visible in Interior View cam" ?

Who are you talking about The Saturdays? Please use quotes.

Everything would be constructive, and whether it is fixable or not, is not really the important part, that can be addressed after.

Ideally we would spend lots of time just driving that one particular model, noticing any flaws with the model itself. if there is anything odd, we can screen shot it, blow it up, and reference it to where it is on the model, so that the modeler can see what we are referring to. Some modelers don't have the time to play the model enough to notice every little thing, plus not all modelers have the expertise of seeing many of these cars up close.

I cant speak for the rest of the people on this forum that have volunteered, but a majority of these cars I have seen, or can see at any time.

1st to Evel, 2nd to Syndicate

P.S, "fixable or not, is not really the important part".

Unfortunately, fixable or not, people will still whine and demand that the modders fix it. Don't deny because even you know its true. I'm not saying you're the one but there definitely is more than none that do it.

P.P.S, "everything would be constructive"

True, but some people phrase it in the way that they're actually demanding. "This has a bug, fix it." or "why is the shadow so weird, please get to it". Get what i mean? Its not that the criticism is nonconstructive, its the way to phrase the criticism that matters.

vincent, most modders have their own testers, be it close friends who they can trust and also don't mind their TDU crashing occasionally. It is a very good idea to have a small group of small testers who are dedicated to testing the new models, however this could cause hosility as many members would complaign that they are not a tester.

I think it is simpler for everyone alike if the current format of the testers and their close friends testing the models, is kept. The testing isn't posted on here much and is better that way.

Modders can be sometimes sensitive to critism (understandably), so it is best if the people they know and trust give them the "constructive critism" as to not cause hostility and arguments on the forum.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...