We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC running slow, why ?

SLRRR

Recently my processor (AMD Ahtlon 64 X2 5600+, 2,8 GHz) is running 100% (on the vista sidebar and taskmanager) while just visiting internet sites (2 opened).

While i play games i cant get normal FPS like i had. Far Cry 2 cant even hit 25 FPS now. NFS undercover becomes unplayaible with 14 FPS on even the lowest settings. First i could run NFS undercover on decend settings.

I have deframent my harddrives (both). Scant my pc with AVG but it couldt find anything.

Does anyone have a clue ? Its really annoying i cant even game now :(

I havent overclocked or changed any settings.

Try TuneUp Utilities 2009. I use it on 3 PCs and a laptop and it works great. It has many features, like :

Defragmenting registry, defragmenting hard drives, 1-click optimizing, Memory optimizer, Disk Doctor and etc.

Try it and tell me the results. If you want any help, add me on MSN or PM me. ;)

Update your AVG Definintions. Definately sounds like spyware/Malware/etc.. Also, check your process list under Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete - if XP, Ctrl + Shift + Escape - If Vista)

If something doesn't "Look" right, kill the process and try to test your games again.

Update your AVG Definintions. Definately sounds like spyware/Malware/etc.. Also, check your process list under Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete - if XP, Ctrl + Shift + Escape - If Vista)

If something doesn't "Look" right, kill the process and try to test your games again.

I have the latest version of AVG :) and i havent found any spyware or downloaded any files that should have it.

But the problems is that the processor is running like hell, if you look at the picture from CPU-Z

might be :offtopic:...Try overclocking it to like 3 ghz :D i have a E8500 core2 duo and overclocked it to 4.12 ghz :thumbsup:

It should run at 2,8 GHz but its underclocked (sounds pretty stupid) right now :( and i dont know why and how to change it to its normal clock speed.

he shouldn't have to overclock. The stock processor is *Respectably* fast. Even my mother's Celeron 1.4Ghz doesn't need 100% just to run windows.

Try booting in safe mode.

Or type "MSConfig" into the Run box (Windows + R) and then go to startup. See if anything foreign is in there.

Ad-Aware.[/url] ;)

Thanks guys for all the responses :), but could someone look at the picture from CPU-Z ? Because that's where the problems is :( my processor is underclocked to 1004 mhz and it should be 2,8 Ghz and i dunno how to change it back

:offtopic:

Post 1500 :D

Edit

After turning AMD cool & quite off in the bios my processor is running fine again at 2,8 GHz :D