We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

K-ON! is 1st TV Anime Franchise to Sell 500,000+ BDs

Eudemon

85073_201102220694323001298371686c.jpg

As of February 20, K-ON! became the first television animation series to sell over 500,000 Blu-ray Discs on Oricon's sales chart in Japan. It accomplished this feat when the eighth limited first edition Blu-ray volume of the K-ON!! television anime sequel sold 26,000 copies (rounded to the nearest thousand) during its first five days of sales (February 16-20). The DVD version of the same eighth volume sold 3,178 copies.

The current volume also topped Oricon's overall weekly Blu-ray sales chart for the February 14-20 week; it is the second volume in a row and the ninth volume in the franchise to rank #1. The franchise's nine #1 Blu-ray Discs ties the previous record; all nine of Macross Frontier's Blu-ray Disc volumes reached #1.

The K-ON! television anime and its K-ON!! sequel have sold a combined total of 520,000 Blu-rays Discs as of February 20. K-ON! had surpassed the current #2 series, Bakemonogatari, in sales in September.

Rank Copies Series

1 520,000 K-ON! (7 volumes) & K-ON!! (8 volumes, ongoing)

2 331,000 Bakemonogatari (6 volumes)

3 235,000 Macross Frontier (9 volumes)

* Data covers sales from June 23, 2008 to February 20, 2011.

Source:ORICON ANN

not a surprise

cuz k-on is a pretty good anime

btw u bought the 8th blue-ray?

how much did the shipping cost u XD?

$18 i think

why?

I used to purchase some amount of items directly from japan on a monthly base (Stuff like g's magazines)

I still do today but not as much as I did back then

It's the shipping fees that get my hands off

Stuff like bd anime I rather wait for the US edition(although it takes some time :kaos-pinkusagi13: