We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Laptop is running WAY too hot

Immelmann

Yet another thread about this. My laptop has always run quite hot, but it finally got to the point where I downloaded Speedfan. I really believe what Speedfan is saying too, as my computer has come dangerously close to burning my lap numerous times.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/koenigsegg_ccr/Hot.jpg

GPU was at 77C, Core 1 at 66C.

Sorry for MSN being opened, my touchpad is a pain in the kisser and half the time I can`t be bothered to move my cursor. Shortcut keys FTW!

You have a HP Pavilion laptop right?

Thats usual for them, mine's burned my legs. At least yours hasn't broken down 3 times in a year from brand new... :headbang:

I hope its normal for me and you to do this with our laptops... :bsod:

Just touch the laptop on different places (air vants, underneeth, near the touchpad, near the speakers), see if it`s really that hot.

Um, Koeni, I already said, it's all that hot, and it's been hot enough to nearly burn my lap.

And yes, Austin, it's a Pavillion. Wait, how did you know that?:oook: :p

Guest LeetPix

which hp pavilion, the nvidia 8600 and 8400 are known for failing and is an issue nvidia realized awhile back, i got the hp dv5t and it seems fine, gpu goes up to 85c, thats fine tho, gpus on laptops can go pretty far (sometimes 100+c) but anything below 90c and it should be fine, your core temps seems abit high tho :s

hello i'm on my second hp pavillion dv9000 the 17" 4gbram version.

right first of all i have had this same problem.

i solved it buy calling hp up.

they will say there is no issue wiv the laptop, but say you know there is a fault

after hp addmitted to me there was a design flaw they shipped my latop to america free of charge and replace mobo and all key components.

it now runs at 40 rather than 80-100

hope i helped :D