We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Lamborghini Cancels Estoque Production Plans

Shy Guy

In past times, the Lamoborghini Estoque would have sailed from concept to production without hesitation. After all, the car received a very positive reception from the motoring press and general public. Yet it will likely never see production. In the midst of a brutal recession, Lamborghini has cancelled plans to build the Estoque.

“The timing and market conditions are just not right for an additional model line,” research and development boss Maurizio Reggiani told Autocar.

The company spent a large sum of money developing the concept, but work on the production version was at a very early stage, so the financial loss is far less than is typical for such a cancellation. Honda's axing of its new NSX, for example, likely resulted in a much larger loss.

The Estoque was to be priced around $200,000 and limited to 3,000 units per year.

Reggiani also told the magazine Lamborghini [url=http://www.leftlanenews.com/lamborghini-cancels-estoque-production-plans.html#][/url]regards dual-clutch automated transmissions as “too smooth” and lacking a “sense of occasion and drama.” He said Lamborghini’s e-gear system — essentially a six-speed manual with a computer controlled clutch — offers the right experience for Lambo customers.

Source: http://www.leftlanenews.com/lamborghini-cancels-estoque-production-plans.html

I for one am sorta happy, Lamborghini isn't ment to do these cars, maybe an Espada successor will do, but not a high performance saloon, that should be for Audi(A7 Concept). but this thing is win compared to the Panamera, but there is still the Rapide

bad move, it will sell like hotcakes lol

Well yes and no ... normally it would ... but in these times it won't ... as I've said in tonnes of threads the car industry has pretty much stopped development of any new cars where a new platform is involved

oh and lambo have enough on their books with developing the replacement to the Murci

they'll build it once the market picks up

Lamborghini saw a like a 10% increase in sales throughout last year, they have no economic trouble lol. Basically everyone that has involvment with Volkswagen is laughing in the face of this recession.

as are FIAT SpA who are enjoying quite an upturn in sales since the cars started being actually good.

if im not mistaken Peugeot are doing allright for themselves too.

Notice that all 3 of these companies have invested in small cars and diesel technology (in some cases both). These companies have seen diesel as the way forward (audi and pug are both using diesel LeMans cars after all) and it's paying off quite nicely

Nuts. I REALLY wanted this to become reality. I loved the front end styling, particularly the headlight arrangement. And the new generation of Hyper-saloons would have been phenomenal. Shame.

Although if halting developments means Lambo can ride out the economic crisis, then yes it is prudent financial sense.

They are saying that there is no place in today's market for this car. I'm sorry, but if there is no space for this, then where exactly are the LP670-4 SV or the LP650-4 Roadster fit in?

I'm not at all surprised by this move, but I'd rather something new than yet another 'final' special edition of the now 8 year old Murcielago.

gimme source...

Edit: Nevermind :(

Lamborghini denies Estoque death rumors

by Damon Lavrinc on Mar 23rd, 2009 at 4:58PM

estoque_hr_03_580op.jpg

Lamborghini Estoque Concept - Click above for a high-res gallery

After a series of stories surfaced over the weekend reporting the demise of the Lamborghini Estoque, the supercar manufacturer has issued a statement addressing the rumors. According to Lamborghini, the Estoque has not been killed off, but it hasn't been approved for production either.

The release continues to tow the company line that if a new model is added to the Lamborghini line-up, "a four door luxury performance saloon could be a logical product strategy."

When the Estoque was revealed in Paris, the 500-horsepower, V10-powered all-wheel drive sedan was hailed as the automaker's first volume model – a daily driver that could conceivably sell between 2,000 and 3,000 units annually. Speculation of the Estoque's eminent arrival in 2011 was stoked when the company's R&D chief Maurizio Reggiani, said that a case was being made to VW's board and that a mule was currently undergoing testing. Hit the jump to read Lamborghini's brief release.

Stupid idiots... They still want to wreck their brand :crying:

well reading Autoblog today it looks like Lambo have neither agreed or denied that the car is going to be developed or going to be cancelled.

I'd like to see them build it ... and before anyone says it's not a Lambo .... just look at old Lambos ... they made 4 seaters ... the one I dream of owning is a 4 seater !

well reading Autoblog today it looks like Lambo have neither agreed or denied that the car is going to be developed or going to be cancelled.

I'd like to see them build it ... and before anyone says it's not a Lambo .... just look at old Lambos ... they made 4 seaters ... the one I dream of owning is a 4 seater !

I was gonna say something about that, basically they said its not 100% scrapped and it might reach production if the Economy is good again

4 seaters > 4 doors -.-"