We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

g25 w/o shifter

andrew1320

I see no point in that..

Just get one brand new, that way it will last longer and would defiantly work. When getting stuff of ebay you can never be too sure on if its actually damaged or not.. (Specially with no shifter)

Its like getting ripped off if it doesn't come with a shifter cause if your paying top dollar for a used G25. When most likely getting one new can be a better deal.

Guest turbo lag

Yeah I agree, buy a brand new one. They're getting kind of cheap too, with a bit of bargaining I got mine down $50. (From 400 > 350).

Hey. I was thinking of buying a wheel, but the G25 is expensive. The cheapest i can find in Portugal is 250€. I wondered if there where any other good options, cheaper but with good quality. Also, do you think a 15 year-old can take the max out of a wheel? :D

The limit of skill isn't age mate ;)

I tried it with the shifter, and it's certainly more fun, but in a race everyone's accelerating past while you're busy with your shifter, so I had to forgo it. The ability to skip a gear in downshift is useful only on a few tracks. The paddles are annoying, but they work better all around....

Playing with MOMO now - it also provides enough buttons, always lacked them with G25.

I drive a stick shift IRL, hate automatics... But in this game, it doesn't work well. If the cars had a bit longer gearing, it would be fine, otherwise there's too much shifting. Besides, the G25 shifter is way too fiddly, I always miss the gear with it :-( And there aren't enough buttons. I really was somewhat disappointed with G25, the old MOMO is still better unless you use the clutch.

Wish I had this thing: http://fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=250&lang=en - if only they weren't charging so much...

Guest turbo lag
Hey. I was thinking of buying a wheel, but the G25 is expensive. The cheapest i can find in Portugal is 250€. I wondered if there where any other good options, cheaper but with good quality. Also, do you think a 15 year-old can take the max out of a wheel? :D

I'm 14 and I have a G25. I think I use it well atleast.

Hey. I was thinking of buying a wheel, but the G25 is expensive. The cheapest i can find in Portugal is 250€. I wondered if there where any other good options, cheaper but with good quality.

This one is actually better, according to reviews, than G25.

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=72&osCsid=55e855db20c864ca3565cafc702c3542

You'd have to wait though, they seem to be sold out for April.

If you don't need the H-shifter, go for Logitech MOMO, it's got a better brake pedal and more buttons, but the wheel has a bit of a wobble (less than any cheaper one, but more than G25 and Fanatec), there's no clutch pedal, and it's not leather. As far as force feedback goes, it's hard to say - G25 is stronger and smoother, but lacks measurable vibration, while MOMO gives a way better feel of the road. Seeing as TDU lacks road texture effects, G25 with reduced force (via the Profiler) feels better. The quality is very good, I had one for ages and there's not a hint that it's not new.

Also, do you think a 15 year-old can take the max out of a wheel?

If pure performance is the goal, joysticks and keyboards work best - they're de-facto legal cheating. And force feedback is a performance killer too. So you'll find out that the better the wheel is, the harder it is to play. It's just way more fun.

• 4 weeks later...