We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anyone in the Battlefield Heroes Beta?

Immelmann

Well, did anyone get into the BF Heroes beta?

EDIT: Oops, could a mod please move this?

Well, here's my opinion:

I first thought it was gonna be a TF2 clone, but first off I have to say, IT SO ISN'T! It is very original, and the experience is like no game I've played before. It takes a more soft approach to FPSing than TF2, the servers I've been on have been nice and friendly as opposed to angry and competitive. There are of course some problems, a big complaint has been that the heavy guy (I forget the name) has far too weak a gun, and that there is no sprint option. The vehicles are a bit odd to drive; the turning radii are too wide and many intersections require three point turns, not to mention the fact that it doesn't like Joysticks. It all runs quite smoothly though, I was averaging around 50fps with my 8600GT and piece of crap processor that gives 12fps at 1024x768 on GTA4. There is still some money involved, though it is just for buying credits if you want some bonus accessories, so it doesn't matter. The sound is excellent, I love the sound of my Thompson. I don't like how purchasable weapons are only like rentals, but customization is strong in this game, I never get tired of seeing snipers with peg legs and parrots on their shoulders.

Graphically, it is phenominal, everything is quite purdy. The vehicle designs are truly brilliant when you get the chance to walk around them, and explosions are rather satisfying, both visually and through your speakers.

As they've not talked about it much, the currency is "Valour Points", and they are mainly earned by completing achievements, though in this, you can only have 3 going at once, you pick your goals.

Overall, my biggest gripes would have to be that they say they will never make it so that you can change class in a round, and also that tanks are practically invincible, they seem to take about 4 tank shells, while all other vehicles are weak. It also seems to take 2 rounds from a tank to kill someone :/

But it really is great fun, I anxiously await the final release :D

• 1 month later...

Im in the beta, but im not the greatest player out there.. IDK why i signed up for it, but it gets a little frustrating after a while as they have no auto balance, and it really sucks how someone can take 3 sniper bullets in the head. I really like the way they made the game though, and it is actually quite fun.