We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car suggestions for TDU2?

gogators43

I didn't read the whole thread yet but see Lots of Great suggestions with the cars!

I like a lot of them although I would tend to skip the Minivans and to many SUV's as you see a lot of them as A.I bots. But to each there own taste!

I am more into the Musclecars of yesteryear and presant and those one off Concepts and maybe some crossovers as there called.

Some I would like to see that are not seen in many or any recent PC games are.

North American Muscle:

1969 AMC AMX Javelin

1969 AMC Rebel S/C

1987 Buick Grand National/GNX Turbo

2011 Cadillac CTS-V slantback

1962 Chevy Impala SS 409 Bubbletop

1969 Chevy Camaro RS/SS Pace Car

1973 Chevelle Laguna 454

1975-1977 Chevy Camaro Z/28 (1st Bumblebee in 1st movie)

1977 Chevy Monza V8 IMSA Edition (Wide Body Kit from Factory!)

1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe (biased cause I own one and love it!) :D

1987-88 Chevy Choo-Choo customs El Camino SS

Year 66? Zora Arkus Duntov's Chevy Corvette SS experimental

2010 Chevy Camaro RS/SS ( Biased again for the same reason!):D

2010 Chevy Corvette C6R

1970 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T (Rarest of the winged warriors)

1969 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird

1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

1987 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 Coupe (has the fastback rear window similar to the Aerocoupe)

1988 Pontiac Fiero IMSA GT Edition

1957 Ford T-Bird with Continental Kit and side skirts

19xx? Ford Thunderbolt

1969 Ford Torino Talladega

69' Mercury Cyclone Spoiler

70's Ford Detomso Pantera GTS

1988 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe

1986? Ford/Mercur XR4Ti

2010 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350

2010 Ford Focus RS Rally edition

Not much into trucks in a game.

But a couple for sure that should be in if any would be the:

1991+ Chevy Sport SS 454!

2008-09 Chevy Silverado Intimidator SS

Ford F-150 Lightning

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor

Concepts:

Mercedes Benz C111

2010 Hummer HX Concept

2006 WTCC Chevy Ultra Concept

Mazda Furai Concept (WILD)

Giugiaro Ford Mustang Concept (Sweet!)

Year One's Pontiac Bandit Edition Trans Am concept.

Dodge Tomahawk Viper powered Motorcycle. (Insane)

Motorcycles:

Honda CBR 1100 XXX

Honda RC 30

Honda VFR 750 & 850 F

Harley-Davidson V-Rod

Yamaha V-Max new and older.

How about some Custom modern Choppers?

Euro & Aussie cars:

Ford Interceptor (Similar to the one in Mad Max without the blower)

Holden Monaro SS and Commodore S (V8 Supercars)

Ford Falcon's

All Alfa Romeo's including the older 60's Guillia GTA

Alfa Romeo SZ/ ES-30

Opels/Vauxhalls like in the BTCC WTCC.

Mercedes Benz CLK GTR

Ferrari F-40 GT

Citroen C-4 Sport.

That's some that i can think of.

I didn't list any Japanese or Asian Imports.

Just not into them.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@1NJIMID8OR, Check my ford, holden, fpv and hsv lists :)

edit: by the way, theres no such thing as a "ford interceptor", not as an Australian road car (non police i mean). "Interceptor" is referring to the modified "police interceptor" v8 engines in police cars. Its just a ford falcon in mad max. Probably didnt even have a police interceptor motor.

:)

@1NJIMID8OR, Check my ford, holden, fpv and hsv lists :)

edit: by the way, theres no such thing as a "ford interceptor", not as an Australian road car (non police i mean). "Interceptor" is referring to the modified "police interceptor" v8 engines in police cars. Its just a ford falcon in mad max. Probably didnt even have a police interceptor motor.

:)

Great car pics Pr0ph3cy!

Yeah I couldn't remember the correct name of the Australian Ford it was called so all I could think of was whatever the Mad Max car was cause i have the 1/18th diecast of it. Ford Falcon XB.

Here's one of the John Goss Specials on Motortopia.

No roof spoiler though.

http://media.motortopia.com/files/10080/vehicle/4782ea4292ac6/xbscout.jpg

There was also a Concept car called the Ford Interceptor a year or so ago.

Was kind of Big and Bulky looking.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2007_detroit/0612_2007_ford_interceptor_concept/index.html

Our State Police Ford Crown Vics are labeled Interceptors.

But I wouldn't want to drive one in a game! :lol:

Ahah yeah I have to get one of those models (mad max) :D So, wait- you guys know our motor racing heritage etc? Wow :D Woah that interceptor concept is horrifyingly ugly :P

edit: just saw the episode of top gear with the lancia's and the caravan airship, and i now have to add lancia to the list- would it not be the most awesome experience ever to take a stratos through a foresty mountainy road, then just hang a left at a trail, and go off roading in it? (dont take this as ive never heard of lancia's, they just arent popular enough to remember :P)

At least 2 or 3 63-AMG's, I don't care which ones, they all sound awesome. The SLS-AMG should be in too, sofar I don't think there's a PC game in development that has it, whereas it already made its debute by being the covercar for GT5. For the SUV's I wouldn't mind the latest G55, but I'd prefer an ML63 AMG. I also would love to see the C111 IID or C112 in the game, as I think the games that had it can be counted on half a hand. And ofcourse CLK-GTR, perhaps even as roadster :D

But my main hope, especially for Mercedesses, is that if they choose cars that are currently in production, that they some more recent versions. The CLS55 and CLK55 were already outdated when TDU got released since they had facelifts and the 63's, and the SL65 was the very first generation.

Other than MB would personally have to be a Diablo and the EB110 GT (not the SS, its spokerims are ugly and simple). And if there are nice areas like where that Concours d'Elegance are always held, I think some unaffortable classics, oldtimers and superrare exotics should be in.

I also hope that the models will be more realistic than in TDU. I mean, they weren't really horrible, but lots of proportions were not correct, such as the width of the Pontiac GTO, the wheelarch sides of the CLK-GTR, and some more I forgot. And the bug of wheels changing sizes when tuning should be gone :P

i agree with Speed 12. more true race cars, but with a twist....if they included a track, be able to store an F1, NASCAR, or some other type of race car in a facility at the track.

maybe have an extension of your clubs headquarters at the track and make some special race cars available as a club exclusive

Ahah yeah I have to get one of those models (mad max) :D So, wait- you guys know our motor racing heritage etc? Wow :D Woah that interceptor concept is horrifyingly ugly :P

edit: just saw the episode of top gear with the lancia's and the caravan airship, and i now have to add lancia to the list- would it not be the most awesome experience ever to take a stratos through a foresty mountainy road, then just hang a left at a trail, and go off roading in it? (dont take this as ive never heard of lancia's, they just arent popular enough to remember :P)

Yeah we know a little of it over here and I have some good buds who I met online racing over the years and then Teamates from the land Down under!

I like to keep up with the V8 Supercar Series cause they just don't turn left like our NASCAR series and are always exciting!

We always hoped we would get the Australian versions of the Ford Falcon's and Holdens over here in the States.

But only came over and rebadged as Pontiacs.

Our 2010 Camaro RS/SS was devleloped over in Australia anyway!

Now an Lancia Stratos would be fantastic! Loved that car in the Colin McRae Rally series.

They have other nice cars as well!

A truck I forgot about was the GMC Syclone.

It was bassically a small factory pickup truck with a Buick Grand National Turbocharged V6.

There was also the GMC Typhoon which was a Blazer (SUV) style truck.

Fast little vehicles!

Lister Storm i had forgoten about! Excellent car! BMW or Jaguar powered. Sweet ride!

A Chevy Cruze would be a nice addition as a WTCC Track type starter car.

I think it's predessesor was a Chevy Lacetti in Europe (Opel)

There were lots of cars I wish could be in TDU-2 from other older games.

Like Mercedes Benz World Racing,Colin McRae Rally,Dirt-1 and 2,ToCA Race Driver,GRID,Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo,Evolution GT or the Need For Speed series and on and on!

Just couldn't think of them all!

I'll be happy with whatever they give us though!!! :thumbsup:

My opinion: TDU 2 wouldn't be real test drive if they include "normal cars"

It wouldn't be so cool anymore as there would be people in minivans and crappy sedans all over the place...so it would be better if there were only sport- and supercars, just like TDU 1.

SUVs and other 4x4s are OK as they're adding offroad racing.

(so you cant take a buggy anywhere except off road)

and why wouldnt you want to i think that kinda ruins the fun of having off-road vehicles in a game like this whats not to like about taking a big diesel or off-road buggy on the street and smokin some exotics in a drag race

and my wish list of vehicles off the top of my head

'49-'68 CJ

'68-'69 Barracuda fastback

'68-'69 Javelin

'69 Charger

'69 Roadrunner

'69 Sport Fury

'69 AMX

'69 Super Bee

'70 Superbird

'70 Challenger

'71 Roadrunner

'71 Duster

'71 'Cuda

'87-'06 TJ/YJ

'92-'94 DSM (Laser, Talon, Eclipse)

'95 Stealth/GTO

'99 Prowler

'05 Neon/SX2.0 SRT-4

'06 Ram SRT-10

'07 Ram 3500 5.9L

'10 Viper ACR/ACR-X

'10 Ram 3500 6.7L

'11 Grand Cherokee

Ford Sierra Cosworth

Volvo (many good ones)

Ford Focus RS

Chevrolet Tahoe

BMW M3 E30

Mazda 323

Toyota Corolla

Peugeot 306

Ford Capri

Opel Kadett

Opel Rekord

Golf

City Buses

Tour Buses

Trailers

Semi-Trailers

Mercedes C-Class

Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 94'

Honda Civic

Ford Taunus

Opel Commondore

Think or Smart Car (with Hayabuza engine) :D

and why wouldnt you want to i think that kinda ruins the fun of having off-road vehicles in a game like this whats not to like about taking a big diesel or off-road buggy on the street and smokin some exotics in a drag race

coz buggies are gay :P

edit: er... oops? how do i delete that quote above this one that failed? :( sorry

@Ascari- Not likely, theres a lot less stuff going on in forza 3, here you'll have basically a single gigantic map with a whole load of scripts running and weather effects and dynamic daytime/nighttime cycles- i really doubt it will be able to even run at forza 3 graphics. Disapointing i know, but it will own forza 3 anyway :)

Guest BlueAce

how about the vector w8 twin turbo or the vector m12? or maybe the saleen raptor s5s and the vector w2? those would be epic additions!