We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Language issues

YetiSAJ

Hi there, Im new to the forum. I had a quich search to see if this had already been posted about but couldn't find anything straight away. I'm having a problem with TDU and have been posting about it at NoGrip without success, so I thought I'd see if I could find some help form you guys. It goes as follows:

"Hey guys, I fancied a change the other day so I managed to get my hands on a copy of Test Drive Unlimited on ebay, the only problem is, everything is in Russian! There was no option to change the language during installation and I cant understand a thing in the in-game menus.

Is there any way of changing the language to english? From inside or outside the game?

Ive had a look through the game folder but I dont understand the file system.

Please help, I can't play it at the moment"

I doubt it will work, but try renaming the US database file (english) to the russian one, maybe that will put things in English?

Ummm, im afraid that went straight over my head. Im good with the Simbin and Rfactor file system but not TDU. Could you explain in a little more detail?

Thankyou.

Sounds like you've bought yourself the Russian version mate which was localized specifically for that market hence no Language option. As far as I know it's not possible to change this, sorry.

Damn, you guys are fast on here, I only just sent you a message. Lol.

Thanks for the info, looks like im gonna ave to return it or learn russian.

mod edit: Please don't double post, use the edit button.........(Ok Mellors will do.)

Ummm, im afraid that went straight over my head. Im good with the Simbin and Rfactor file system but not TDU. Could you explain in a little more detail?

Look in the folder you installed TDU to, then go to Euro, followed by Bnk and then DataBase.

In there are a few files named DB_[language], IE DB_US would be English and DB_GE would be German. I'm not sure you will even have the English file, but if you do, try renaming it and replacing the Russian file. However, I'm not sure, but servers might pick it up if you tamper with Database files I think so watch it if you play online.

Don't forget to backup all files you may mod ;)

Look in the folder you installed TDU to, then go to Euro, followed by Bnk and then DataBase.

In there are a few files named DB_[language], IE DB_US would be English and DB_GE would be German. I'm not sure you will even have the English file, but if you do, try renaming it and replacing the Russian file. However, I'm not sure, but servers might pick it up if you tamper with Database files I think so watch it if you play online.

Don't forget to backup all files you may mod ;)

Ok, I tried it, in the folder i have

DB_CH.bnk (cech)?

DB_FR.bnk (french)

DB_IT.bnk (italian)

DB_KO.bnk (korean)?

DB_GE.bnk (german)

DB_JA.bnk (japanese)

DB_SP.bnk (spanish)

DB_US.bnk (english/american)

DB.bnk (base file?)

I made copies of the US and "base file" then renamed the DB_US.bnk file as DB.bnk. The game CTD's just as its about to load the menu. Is this what you suggested or am I doing it wrong?