We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Passed My Theory XD

BAk99

Finally after a year of havin ma provisional license I passed my theory.

Need to wait a month till a can put in for my actual test but am well chuft :D

My car is now going to have JBL speakers and a panasonic cd player installed thanks to a little deal with my dad that when i passed, he'd get them installed for me :lol:;)

I'm sorry. The theory is not a big deal. And A YEAR?!? What were you doing? Get the easy theory over and done with (I did mine after a month or two), so then you are free to do the practical whenever you are ready. Good going and all that, it would really suck to fail, and the taunting wouldn't end.

And still - I cannot imagine how you can be a learner for more than maybe 8 months max. I'd say the average for my school (the people who I know how long they're taking) is about 6 months - I'm taking my practical after 3. Its not that hard, is it?

I'm sorry. The theory is not a big deal. And A YEAR?!? What were you doing? Get the easy theory over and done with (I did mine after a month or two), so then you are free to do the practical whenever you are ready. Good going and all that, it would really suck to fail, and the taunting wouldn't end.

And still - I cannot imagine how you can be a learner for more than maybe 8 months max. I'd say the average for my school (the people who I know how long they're taking) is about 6 months - I'm taking my practical after 3. Its not that hard, is it?

well ave had ma own car for nearly 6months now.. go out drivin every week and ave had ma lessons just never had time or the money to do the theory.

No makes sense this.

I have had a total of 10 lessons so far (1 hour each) plus practice every week in my parents' car, and will be taking my test in a few weeks (1st July). My instructor does say I've picked everything up quickly, but my mind cannot comprehend a year.

You say you have your own car, and use it regularly, and have lessons, but have still taken a year of learning. And you haven't taken your theory because of not having the time? I took an afternoon off school to go and do mine, because the nearest theory centre is 30 miles away. And as for the cost - you couldn't afford it, but you can afford lessons, which cost more than half the cost of the theory each.

You say you have your own car, and use it regularly, and have lessons, but have still taken a year of learning. And you haven't taken your theory because of not having the time? I took an afternoon off school to go and do mine, because the nearest theory centre is 30 miles away. And as for the cost - you couldn't afford it, but you can afford lessons, which cost more than half the cost of the theory each.

look, mate. Am well chuft that ave past ma theory tbh for me that was the hurdle to drive, I've not been learning for the whole year. A know how to drive just didnt have the license to do it by my self. As for the cost of ma lessons all 18 were paid for me. The car, i inherited but the insurance, car tax and minor work needed to it needed to be paid for. Also, i bought ma laptop for ma college course and other issues stopped me from doing my theory until now. over the past month i done a major ammount of overtime in ma work just so a can pay for the test (which a failed the first time so thats twice a had to pay for that) and make sure ave got enough savins for the practical, the additional lessons before hand and ontop of that my next payment of road tax.

So reeli what i'm tryin to say is, I had my reasons n lettin everyone know that am more than happy that ave passed it; no matter how highly or lowly satisfying it is in there life. :eek:

I understand what you are saying Bak, (after having to refer to the urban dictionary site, several times..) money is hard to come by when you need it.

Good luck in your practical, you should pass, as it's easy. Also, try to find out how many people are taking the test on the same day/week (both if possible) as you, as driving instructors have a quota to meet, usually. :) (An old friend of my dads is an ex-instructor, so he knows a thing or two I would say. ;))

I understand what you are saying Bak, (after having to refer to the urban dictionary site, several times..) money is hard to come by when you need it.

Cheers Man :D

*envies*

I'm still waiting for my provisional to come.

Well done on passing your theory and good luck for the practical. :)

Best of luck to you when you get it :thumbsup:

N cheers aswell :)

Nice one, thats a horrible thing to do but done now :) Good stead for praticle now. Dont the dvla say 45 hours of professional training and the same again in your own cars. Thats rubbish but don't be rushed becouse passing is all that matters, first time even better :)

What was your score in the test?

congratz bak. still gotta send off for my provisional. i need my form tutor to sign it but ive finished for summer now :(.

And Pherelas im pretty sure DVLA say 45 hours proffesional training because it gets them more money from lessons and what ever lol. that would mean 45 lessons and after that wheres the money to actually buy your own car or pay for tax and insurance

Btw, what happened to the Corsa, why don't you update your Showroom thread? :)

nothins happened reeli, apart from the windows being tinted. But now that ave passed ma theory al be gettin ma speakers n what not in it so al update it in 2 weeks once all that been done n its had a wash n what not :D

What was your score in the test?

Multiple choice; pass 43-75 = a got 43 :eek::lol:

Hazard Perception; pass 44-70 = a got 53 :D

Thats rubbish but don't be rushed becouse passing is all that matters, first time even better :)

Well in sayin that ave atleast covered 500 odd miles since its been a year :P

Thanks for all the comments :thumbsup: