We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My "old" Gaming PC (upgraded)

Camel

I got my CPU today :D Put it in earlier and wow, it's fast. So me being me decided to overcock it. The stock speed is 3.2Ghz, I got it to 3.8Hhz within seconds. I can and will push it further when I need to.

Also, with having an AM3 CPU, I could Increase the speed of my RAM. It's rated at 800Mhz but it's performance RAM so that went up to 1066Mhz with timings of 5-5-5-15.

Now it boots into Windows 7 within 10 seconds. It also Idles at 30C and full load for an hour got it to 46C.

So all in all, it's a fantastic chip in every way apart from mine was dirty and needed cleaning. >.<

• 1 year later...

I got a new graphics card for it last week so I thought I'd update this thread.

Case: Antec 900 with a fan controller so I can make it run silent.

Motherboard: ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI

CPU: AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition Deneb 45nm. 4.2Ghz overclock settings saved in the BIOS for when I need the extra speed.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master something or other. But it's good. Keeps the CPU under 30 degrees centigrade with 2 highspeed 120MM fans on it even when they aren't ever at 50%.

RAM: 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400. Overclocked to 1066Mhz and 5-5-5-15. 1 stick is broken now though but it has a lifetime warranty so I'm going to RMA it.

GFX: Nvidia GTX 460 1GB.

HDDs: 2x Maxtor SATA II 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, 1TB. A 120GB laptop HDD in it for backups and an old 160GB IDE drive.

PSU: Some £50 800W thing, can't remember what it is lol, but it does the job!

Monitor: 32" LG32LC56 HDTV.

Here's my new graphics card next to my old one. The new one is in the PC and the bigger one is my old card.

pc.jpg

I'm not very good at keeping the cables tidy..

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc4.jpg

pc5.jpg

Here's my poorly RAM. :(

pc6.jpg